I want to still like this

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I want to still like this

So.... a long time ago I was happy with only my deviantart account and just wanted a way to get better comments out of my stuff there, when a friend pointed me at this site. When i made my first post here, I got a lot of great quality answers to my questions, stuff that really helped me. I read more than posted though and tried to follow the advice I got and all that. things got busy and now I'm trying to go back.

thing is I don't remember being totally unable to post just because I'm a new comer. YES I read the FAQ and I know my posts are supposed to be held in until a moderator decides they aren't SPAM. but FFS I never saw a single post come back from the custody, in my control panel I can't even see if they are still in line for approval or not, I can't list all m posts to find them cuz i didnt subscribe to my own posts... I cant even what was wrong with my posts cuz i never got a pm when they were rejected and if they werent theres no way i can track them now. GOOD JOB.

this is useless to me. why not just make it a paid forum then? give no account to ppl unless they pay for it, SPAM problem solved. it really looks like you guys dont want any new ppl in here unless they enrolled at TAD.

so goodbye and thx for nothing.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilya For This Useful Post:

Izi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wait, what? if the site administrators have really been doing this I couldn't be happier or more excited for the future of conceptart.org instead of the slow painful decline I had expected to be witness to....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *sigh* nm. Hope this post from April 2011 solves your problem/confusion Lilya. It certainly smashed my dreams. If I were running the forums it would be much much more horrible for you. You would have to submit a small essay to get admitted and a portfolio. This would serve as a quickie IQ/awesomeness test. You would also be banned if you posted more than 100 times in the lounge. Sort of like a secret death count. The only way to get let back in would be to win a thunderdome in the all-public guest account gladiator ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily G
    Our forum gets hit with spam. Luckily, most of it is never seen by the users because our spam controls automatically send into moderation certain threads/posts created by users with low post counts.

Things that can cause your threads/posts to be sent to moderation:
    Being a new user with a low post count.
    Creating a new thread in certain well-trafficked sections (like Finally Finished or Sketchbooks).
    Lots of attachments or images.
    Links.
    Anything that looks spammy.

Once you have accumulated enough posts (a small number, approx. 15-20), all your previous threads/posts will automatically be released from moderation.

We get A LOT of requests from people asking that their posts be released from moderation. It is just too much for us to do individually and keep on top of. If you have 20+ posts and your threads/posts still aren't showing up, leave a request in this thread and we'll try to see what the problem is.

Thanks so much for your understanding.

---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.