Thanks

Portfolio resume question

Let's say the employer asks for a PDF of your portfolio. Do most of you insert a word document for the resume or just build it in Photoshop? Resumes don't need to be fancy I know that, I was just curious as to what you all do. Thanks in advance!
    My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Just convert the document to PDF there are plenty of free pdf converters or you can legally download a trial copy of a full version of Acrobat every three months. If you are updating your resume more than that there is something wrong with you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You didn't answer the question at all but. Thanks anyway?
    My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]

Thanks
    I would just build it up again, you can just copy the text from a word file. Wouldn't use photoshop though, it does weird things with rasterizing type and is obnoxious to edit, illustrator or indesign are better bets.

Thanks
    I'm an information technology student, but I've always built my resumes in Word. It seems like it would be a lot harder to do in Photoshop, and it would probably also be slower. If you export it as a PDF, you won't lose any of your formatting and you should be able to attach it as a page to other PDFs/images with a trial of Acrobat (although I think Mac OS X Lion might be able to also do this for you).

Thanks
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBobo View Post
    You didn't answer the question at all but. Thanks anyway?
    Sure I did, Why would you separate your resume from your portfolio if they want the portfolio in a PDF? Have the Resume as part of the Portfolio so you only have one document.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBobo View Post
    Let's say the employer asks for a PDF of your portfolio. Do most of you insert a word document for the resume or just build it in Photoshop? Resumes don't need to be fancy I know that, I was just curious as to what you all do. Thanks in advance!
    one the reasons they might ask for a pdf portfolio is because your website is terrible
    build a simple html layout and put a pdf document with an easy to read resume and send it everytime they ask for your portfolio samples.
    having to load all that terrific flash gayness to see 250x300 image previews is not classy at all until your work is craig mullins tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by msafs View Post
    I'm an information technology student, but I've always built my resumes in Word. It seems like it would be a lot harder to do in Photoshop, and it would probably also be slower. If you export it as a PDF, you won't lose any of your formatting and you should be able to attach it as a page to other PDFs/images with a trial of Acrobat (although I think Mac OS X Lion might be able to also do this for you).
    the default preview application on mac os is capable of creating pdf files, since mac os comes bundled with pdf toolkit; involves some tedious drag-dropping though, but it's free and already there.
    also, photoshop cs5 doesn't support multipaged pdfs anymore afaik

Thanks
    Trying to make a multi page document in Photoshop, and have it end up as a single pdf (with text and graphics) is a bit of an unproductive nightmare. I'd do it in Word. Actually my first choice is Adobe In design, but if you don't have it, word will do just fine. I'm not even sure if Photoshop can do multiple document pages, if it can, obviously I never used that feature.

If you have multiple pages of stuff that you need to show, and somehow wend up with multiple pdf's, you're going to have one annoyed reviewer. Make it easy for them to see your stuff without all the extra clicks (online or extra files etc...)

Thanks
    Open Office can create PDFs too and it's free.
    My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to manlybrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks everyone.
    My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]