Art: A Couple T-Shirt Designs
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A Couple T-Shirt Designs

So I entered the Threadless Pin Up competition just to get the creative juices flowing because I don't get a lot of this type of creative freedom at work.

The first one is really kind of a throwback to Bettie Page and the S&M style of Pin-Up which was way more about power than about objectification If you think it's cool let me know and vote for it http://www.threadless.com/submission..._not_tied_down

The second one was more of an experiment with positive and negative space in a printing environment and I was really pulling from the burlesque beginnings of the Pin-Up and like before if you dig it you can vote for it http://www.threadless.com/submission...6/Curtain_Call

I was really trying to avoid the "cheesecake" style which I love, I really do but mainly because modern pin up is way more objectifying than the original style which was more about empowerment. Let me know what you think, would love some constructive/destructive feedback to get better.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I reallly like the second one. The first design looks a little to big and I think it could be scaled down a bit. I say that because the string on the right side might go unnoticed when someone wears the shirt.

Sketchbook

Personal Site (updated more often)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cute designs. Target set for men wearers it seems. The second one is good and i like that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good design...thank you for sharing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, these designs, while may not be my style, are actually great designs in terms of design principals, except I do feel like
    1)the first one can be scaled down, and
    2) I feel like the mock up on the tshirt of the first one could look a little better.

Members who have read this thread: 1