Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,347 Times in 2,871 Posts

Concept Artist Representation by Brilliant Colors - Submissions

Brilliant Colors, formerly Massive Black Shanghai is opening an arm of the business for artist representation as an agency.

Here is what you need to know:

a. You can submit your five best works here in this thread. Also link your CV/Linkedin/Facebook.
    b. Brilliant Colors seeks experienced artists of high talent. If you are familiar with the quality of our works on projects like God of War 3, Skyrim, League of Legends, Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft, Fallout 3, or any of the hundreds of projects we have done, you know the talent level we require.
    c. This is not for beginners or intermediate skilled artists. We have numerous projects and require the ability to deliver, take feedback and respond to it quickly, and hit the quality mark our clients expect.
    d. This is for artists who have superior skills and no time to handle the business side, promotion, or marketing. Brilliant Colors (fka MB Shanghai) does that very well.
    5. All artists will be provided with appropriate contracts.
    6. As clients request work it is provided to the particular artist they demand.
    7. Work consists of character designs, creatures, environments, illustration, and other 2d artwork.

Feel free to ask any questions. You know if you have the skills, and if so, please do post.

Minimum Experience: 1 year working in the industry as a concept artist or illustrator as well as familiarity with the process of doing pro concept work and illustration.

We know this will be of great help. We cannot do all projects which come to us and think this will be valuable to those who are ready for it.

Jason Manley
    Founder
    Massive Black/MB Shanghai (MB Shanghai as it was formerly known = Brilliant Colors)
    ConceptArt.Org
    TheArtDepartment.Org

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi Jason,

I am interested in collaborating with Brilliant Colors. A link to my profile on Linkedin, my website and my 5 pieces:

My Linkedin profile:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/daniel-rizea/23/6a5/5a0

My Website:
    http://danielrizea.com

Also my email is: ri_dany @ yahoo.com

Thanks
    Hello Mr. Manley,

Looks like a great opportunity, I'm also interested in working with Brilliant Colors.

Here is my cv/ web-site portfolio link, http://geors.daportfolio.com/
    and 5 pieces

e-mail: sgeorgart@gmail.com

Thanks
    Hi Jason,

My name is Robin Florie. I'm very interested in working with Brilliant Colors. It sounds like a great opportunity.

My website: http://www.florie-ink.com

My E-mail: robin@florie-ink.com

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robinflorie

My works:
    Name:  Jaws Werewolf.jpg
Views: 2540
Size:  401.0 KB

Name:  Forgotten era.jpg
Views: 2190
Size:  270.3 KB

Name:  27-8-12.jpg
Views: 2196
Size:  478.2 KB

Name:  Stuctural Robin Florie.jpg
Views: 2155
Size:  418.6 KB

Name:  Figure.jpg
Views: 2181
Size:  43.2 KB

Last edited by FlorieInk; October 12th, 2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Update works

Thanks

Exciting!

Name: Sean Donaldson

Email: sean@saturnsgate.co.uk

LinkedIn: Click Here

Hey Jason! It's been a while, but I'm back and ready for some freelance! I'll update this post as I get more time to do my own work that's up to my more recent standard in quality. As it stands nearly all my more recent work is under NDA, so I am busting some new personal stuff out in any time I get and will update in due course.

I will be available for freelance work in March, right now I am in the process of departing from Eurocom so not much time to freelance just yet, but am eager to get my hands dirty very soon! I'm gong to add tech and environment pieces in the next couple of weeks to show perspective/pattern/landmark understanding.

Hope everything's good with you! Cheers!

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]

Thanks
    I appreciate everyone's submissions so far. All of you are talented.

Dariz, you are showing some decent industrial design skills and solid drawing. There are some issues like the kneepads on the second image (center) are too low, making his lower legs very short. Your color and lighting is your biggest weakness. This artist sent me a submission, and had great color. http://soufmeng.weebly.com/portfolio.html Your color feels like burn/dodge or just burned in whites, rather than actual light. Check out the color theory video available on CA and you will get the info you need...or more life painting digitally in full color. When you get your color up to speed, I think you will be much more ready.

Florie your creature anatomy is coming along nicely, but value composition, and color theory are two big areas of focus you will need, as well as figure painting/character work. See the above comments about color. The same applies to you. Your figures need serious work and are not at the level they need to be. Your beastie image would have been better without the figure and with more effort put into the architecture.

Saturns, same color ideas apply to you as well. Burn and dodge or burning in whites is not going to work. You need to have a strong understanding of specularity, gloss, transparency, glow, etc...as part of the concept artists job is to understand surfaces. Your figure work is starting to show good progress with proportion and subtle gesture. The second to last, and last images are not finished enough for the type of clients I work with.

I encourage you all to keep at it. You may resubmit work at any time. Expect my honest opinions if you do. My clients will not accept anything with figure work in need of more effort, or uncared for parts of the images.

Don't let any of this discourage you. Take it as feedback please, and do keep at it.

Jason

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    kv ak your color is the best of the bunch. However, all your surfaces are the same specularity and gloss for the most part. That is something you need to address. Your chopper image is the most professional of the bunch. Your figure work needs more time as well. The girl figure, for example, her eyes are looking just past me, making the image less engaging than it could be.

All in all I think everyone that has posted so far can get there,and my suggestion is to keep on trucking. Those who put the time in will see success.

I hope I don't come across as harsh. I just have very particular clients, who expect certain things from Brilliant Colors artists...now and before when I built and ran Massive Black.

Jason

Thanks
    I will continue to watch this thread for posts from those who are ready for representation.

Best and thanks,

Jason

Thanks
    Hey Jason,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Yes, you pointed out some precise observations. I agree, on a personal level I am more industrial design oriented and tend to focus on defining shape and function and miss out other areas. Good link as well, I'll keep in mind your observations.

I will post more when I have some new images in my repertoire.

All the best,
    D.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Cheers Jason! Any critique is very much appreciated and well said! I will update the post as I get time to work on personal art and thanks for the link in terms of what your clients expect in terms of colour.

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]

Thanks
    Hey Mr. Manley- thank you very much for in-depth analysis, means a lot to me, and is much appreciated. Some very precise observations!

I will get back here once I'll have more new images in my portfolio.

All the best,
    -George

Thanks

Talking

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the crits I really appreciate it. Guess I got some studying to do. Thanks again and I will be back!

Groeten
    Robin Florie

Thanks
    Hi Jason,

Thank you for amazing opportunity! I hope my skills will prove helpful for Brilliant Colours company.

My way of thinking is influenced by architecture studies I graduated last year, which allowed me to learn general understanding of any design process. Since then I have been polishing my portfolio for turning full-time freelance.

My portfolio: http://www.ozminski.com

My CV: http://www.ozminski.com/ozminski_mateusz_cv.pdf

My e-mail: contact@ozminski.com

Kind Regards,
    Mateusz Ozminski

My Sketchb0ok come on, hit me!

My DA Tittes!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4