Thanks

dumbass painter/wacom problem

ok, i'm totally sure i've accidentally done this myself, but can't find waht it is. Yesterday, when I got my nwe intuos (woohoo!) it worked fine. Now, for some reason, i can't draw any lines in painter. I can in photoshop and it picks up windows fine. The app-specific settings in the settings widget are ok - still set to click. The first few times this happened with my graphire, it was the 'preserve transparency' setting, but it's not that. And the layer is default, ignore, at 100% opacity. Oh, and using the mousepad button draws lines fine.

Any ideas??

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Is that with Painter Classic?
    I just got myself an intuos2 as well (woohoo!) but every time I try to install Painter Classic it comes up all blue and stuff when i open it.....everything else from the cd installs fine.....except Painter.....and at first I thought it wasn't showing up when I drew in Painter, but then I realized it somhow set my default brush insanely huge, and when I shrunk it down it worked properly.....it was a spray brush or something and the space between the bits of spray was the size of my canvas.
    I'm hoping that once I get that comp connected to the net I'll be able to download some kind of update that'll fix whatever's going wrong. I reeeally wanna use the program.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    No. I'm sorry, I'm drunk, but I've checked it out, and even at 1 px, it doesn't work. the other one - the opaciy thing - i've tried loads. just rtied again, and aside from giving me a slight headache, no cigar.

Thanks
    i am very familiar w/ this problem.

I'm still not sure if it's Painter or Wacom that's at fault....since i've experienced this with AliasSketch as well.

I think it's a driver problem. Have you changed screen resolutions since you installed the driver?

Here's what happens: Painter freaks out when you change the screen res (say from 1280 x 1024 to 1600 x 1280...etc. Once you do this, the "center" of the wacom is off-set....so when you are sketching in Painter, it is still working, except the cursor might be off screen. For some reason, it works fine in PS, and clicks icons and such okay. It just messed up when you try to use it on the actual canvas......strange.

Try this: Start a new image in Painter, set it to say 2000x2000. Now sketch. See if you can see the lines being made off the page. If you do, then you have the same problem i'm experiencing (and i've seen this both on the MAC and PC).

You can fix this problem by un-installing the Wacom Driver, then pull-out the USB cable, restart windows, re-insert the USB (windows will install a generic driver), then install the Wacom driver. This should fix your problem. But next time you change screen res...it will happen again. It's very annoying...

anyways, hope this helps.

-feng

Thanks
    Yup, that's exactly what it was. Thanks Feng!

I seem to be having trouble with it thinking it's a mouse if I unplug it and plug it in again as well, with the modes not making any difference. My graphire2 was way more stable with my powerbook than this is, which is weird given the gigantic price difference. Is there a trick to it? Like, is letting the laptop sleep just not a good idea?