Wich Tablet PC to buy?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wich Tablet PC to buy?

Hello guys, im in a small dilema. I Dont know what to buy!
    I am not sure if i should get a Le1700, a EP121 or a Samsung Slate 7.
    I Got around 1000 bucks to use and i want a penable tablet.

Wich one do you reccomend? Im open to other options too!

Thanx you!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Forget the ep121..The Samsung Series 7 tablet simply outclasses it in every category. (I have both)

Most people here would recommend the Le16/1700's because they can be had for much cheaper on ebay, but keep in mind both of those are discontinued models so forget warranties, and also the Le series had different screen options, some very nice hydlis screens and others using cheap tn panel crap.

The Series 7 by default has a phenomenal screen, so you don't have to worry about hunting one down with the right screen. The Series 7 Tablet also only weights like 2 pounds and its quite literally Ipad 1 thickness and only a bit longer. The Le series.....alittle more durable, but heavier and more heft. Like if you want to use it more so as a sketchpad, The Series 7 is much more comfortable for that use.

Also, what programs do you plan to use. If your just going to use Sketchbook Pro and Artrage, the Le's would more then suffice, but if you plan on using Photoshop CS5.....go with the Series 7. Although the Le's can run photoshop (Preferable Core2duo models, some models are single core), the Sandy Bridge Core i5 in the Series 7 would give much better performance.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Although I only have firsthand experience with the Series 7 Slate, I would definitely recommend it. I've only had mine for a week but I am still enamored with it. This is by far the most amazing piece I've technology I've ever purchased.

For a great experience with Photoshop, it does require some minor tinkering (see here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/sams...shop-work.html), but once that's done it feels fantastic. Sketchbook Pro worked well for me out-of-the-box.

I really can't get over how fast this thing is. I haven't put it through a serious workout in Photoshop yet, but I'm amazed at how fast it boots up and how fast it can launch an HD movie. I'm also amazed at how well it runs games like Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2. I also can't get over how the screen looks so much nicer than my desktop monitor or HD TV.

The biggest downside is probably the somewhat limited battery life. Running several programs at moderate brightness will probably only get you 2-3 hours, though if you disable wifi/bluetooth and lower the brightness you could probably get 5+. Also, there is no pen holder but I don't really see this as a downside because you aren't going to want to take this anywhere without a sleeve/case anyway.

Check out this thread for more discussion on it.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=230525

and check out this article for indepth benchmarks: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...late,3079.html

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashman View Post
    Although I only have firsthand experience with the Series 7 Slate, I would definitely recommend it. I've only had mine for a week but I am still enamored with it. This is by far the most amazing piece I've technology I've ever purchased.
    Crashman, I have what's probably an odd question about the Series 7 Slate... I'm wavering between that and a Kingtee tablet monitor. If I got the Slate, it would be a total laptop replacement for me. The Slate has a dock and keyboard, but I use my laptop in my lap, not on a desk, so having a screen in a dock and a separate keyboard would be really awkward whenever I wanted to use it that way. Do you know of any way (a case or other accessory) to make the Slate a bit more laptop-like in form factor sometimes?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The dock actually works better than expected on a lap. I'm actually typing this while sitting on my bed with it docked and resting on my lap. It's not wobbling around like you might expect. It's a bit more awkward when sitting in a more upright position (like sitting on a chair) though it's still better than you would expect.

One upside to this is that heat doesn't become an issue like it would with a laptop, since the heat on the Slate is vented through the top rear. It also doesn't get as hot as a typical laptop.

As for cases that would help transform it into a laptop form factor, I'm not sure. Though it seems entirely possible that one would exist since when you dock it and set the keyboard in front of it, it almost looks like a laptop.

Check out this thread for a lot of discussion about cases:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/sams...ate-cases.html

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.