DCAD: Any experience?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question DCAD: Any experience?

I know threads like these must be a dime a dozen, but I'm so extremely scared of my decision here that I'm just looking for reassurance in some form.

I recently got a $12,000 ($6,000 a year) scholarship to DCAD (Delaware College of Art and Design) and I'm now looking into it. I was awarded the scholarship from a local art show.

My parents have always been against me going to art school as they say that being a photographer isn't "profitable". With the scholarship they are now considering it, but I myself have been made unsure.

Is there anyone who has heard any significantly bad or good things about the school itself? Any experience with art school?

Here's my portfolio (Missing some of my more recent stuff, I'm working on getting it all uploaded. ) http://toxic-designs-redux.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thank you so much everyone.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as a sophomore, i don't know much about it, but one of my senior friends has it as her first choice. The largest, largest PRO is that after two years you can automatically switch into Pratt (better location etc.). The greatest thing about that is that DCAD admission is a fraction of the cost (so you get two years done at lower cost) and then can get a degree at the "more prestigious" school (if that's what you care about)

hope that helped!

this is my art history blog: "teenager traversing art history"
    http://teenagertraversingarthistory.blogspot.com/

ps i know it has a horrible name...any suggestions are welcome!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.