User Experience Interview Help...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: User Experience Interview Help...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

User Experience Interview Help...

Hey everyone, I am doing a user experience project for school and would like your assistance. I am designing a community site that discusses and showcases artists and their designs, as well as share other information, provide tips and tricks, provide activities, and give design briefs to challenge artist and assist in development of portfolios. By answering the below questions and providing your input you can help me to design a site that is user friendly, informative, and visually pleasing. Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

1. When you think of forums or message boards, what comes to mind?

2. Do you have a favorite forum or one that you go to frequently?

3. In addition to the topics being discussed, what do you think of the forums visual appeal?

4. Are most forums easy to navigate and understand?

5. How does color play a part in your experience on a website?

6. Click on the following link http://www.dezinerfolio.com/2009/02/...-forum-designs and thumb through the forums provided and state what you like and don’t like about each one. Most of these are design related forums so look at how images are displayed)

7. Most sites have a user control panel (CP) after you login. These CPs let you mess around with personal information, emails, change your pictures (or avatars). What do you like and dislike about the CPs.

8. Would you rather have access to a multitude of information on a single page, or have several “clean” pages when viewing a website.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by keyu6215 View Post
    Exchange of information

several (5)

3. In addition to the topics being discussed, what do you think of the forums visual appeal?
    visual appeal needs to be unique

yes

for uniqueness - yes

6. Click on the following link http://www.dezinerfolio.com/2009/02/...-forum-designs and thumb through the forums provided and state what you like and don’t like about each one. Most of these are design related forums so look at how images are displayed)
    none of them please me - they all look too sterile and not unique

8. Would you rather have access to a multitude of information on a single page, or have several “clean” pages when viewing a website.
    example?

www.ClassicalAtelier@HOME.com
    My website for learning traditional fine art on your own! --- Derived from THIS thread at CA.org
    ------------ ♦ ♦ ♦ ------------
    www.cast-drawing.com
    drawing casts (geometric shapes, anatomical casts, skull), tutorials on Bargue drawing and cast drawing, Willow Charcoal, free drawing exercises

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bjoern3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for for helping out. I know forums are not in them selves normally very exciting however, I opened my big mouth and this is the subject matter. Thanks bjoern3000 for your response!

As for clarification on that last question, think how CGHubs home pages looks compared to ConceptArts homepage.

example?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Help! need about 5 more responses

keep posting answers you'll help in more ways than you know!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by keyu6215 View Post
    Time sink....

CA - of course- also Absolutewrite.com a similar resource for writers (of which I am a terrible example, but I love doing it.

It's my favorite part about CA - I spend 98% of my time in the sketchbook forum, looking at how others learn.

Yes.

Yes. I don't know if you were around for the Geocities era- but neon text on black was all the rage. it makes your eyes burn. I find something in a 30% tone is easiest to read on a monitor- I do all my sketches on a 30% gray or brown.

10 caught my eye, just because it was vibrant. 13 was the most appealing - I think the cartoon girly might have a lot to do with it- but the not-white was the best part.
    The rest were all the same- I couldn't pick one from another on a memory test.

7. Most sites have a user control panel (CP) after you login. These CPs let you mess around with personal information, emails, change your pictures (or avatars). What do you like and dislike about the CPs.
    I never really thought about it.
    They're functional- I wouldn't give them more credit then that.
    I like the CP for windows- with icons.

I just want it to be clear. If I have to search for something I usually get distracted and do something else.

*The worst worst worst thing a website can have is sound. I despise when people think their music is better then the music or audio book I chose. If I can't find a mute within 15 seconds of the music starting I blacklist the site.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks Rhubix. Thanks for your responses. I remember Geocites from back in the day and the neon on black...glad thats over with as a norm.

I appreciate the range of responses i have received thus far. as we all know, when producing something for a client, or for user its much less what we think and more of what they thinks and want. This of course holds pretty true with conceptual art and design as well as web and graphic design. so again, thanks. please direct others to thins thread. And please feel free to add any additional comments. Again thanks and keep posting!

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,369 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Discussing things similar minded people are interested in

This one and a few others slightly less often

I've never joined or not joined a forum just on appearances.

See my reply to 6

Too garish and I won't spend much time there. Too white after a migraine attack and I won't be visiting.

On the 3rd one, I will not join a forum that makes you fill in a form to browse.
    Most of them were pretty bland seeing as they are meant to be cutting edge web design forums. 8 immediate thought was 'yuck!' 12 was shut, 18 didn't load. 15 was so white that it was painful. Another problem on 1 and 6 was that the casual browser had no idea what was being discussed currently. Shoot 10 for the colours. 11 had no order to it at all - sort of anarchy of the bland kind.

You get used to them. Most are pretty easy.

8. Would you rather have access to a multitude of information on a single page, or have several “clean” pages when viewing a website.[/QUOTE]
    At CA you can close or expand if wanted. A lot of sites use that function and it's useful at times, but I like to see the latest topic being discussed.

On another note some forums are in strict date of first post order, which makes it hard to find hot topics, but most of these are more social media types.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.