Art: Student: Stirpel's stuff

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Student: Stirpel's stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Student: Stirpel's stuff

Hey there!

I'm new to CA and I'd love to read some feedback about the stuff I've done during the last months.

I've just finished my first semester at FH Münster, Germany, studying Design & Illustration. I'm now looking for some feedback helping me to define a sort of position I am now.

Here's a selection of my recent work. If you like you can see more on http://gonzales-productions.de

Thanks for watching and commenting!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there, I think you have a really cute style. I personally love the indie comix doodle look, and I find it very charming. Your forms and structures aren't very accurate from a realistic standpoint, but it is fairly obvious that you are not going for realism. Again, I really like this style, and it definitely has it's place in children's books, cards, editorial illustrations, and other commercial art markets from what I've seen. Keep working, and if I were you, I'd work more with watercolor - it compliments this style of lineart very well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Saramel View Post
    Hi there, I think you have a really cute style. I personally love the indie comix doodle look, and I find it very charming. Your forms and structures aren't very accurate from a realistic standpoint, but it is fairly obvious that you are not going for realism. Again, I really like this style, and it definitely has it's place in children's books, cards, editorial illustrations, and other commercial art markets from what I've seen. Keep working, and if I were you, I'd work more with watercolor - it compliments this style of lineart very well.
    Hi Saramel,

thanks for your feedback!

You're right, I'm definitely not going for realism that much ;-). I've never been the one for realistic painting or drawing.
    Half a year ago i completely ignored watercolors, but fortunately one of my professors brought me to it. I'm glad you like that style, I'll focus on that and try to get better in the future.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.