Hi there, not sure if this is the forum where one can post press releases of new product announcements. Is it?
The details are at http://www.dogwaffle.info/howler/7
Here's the PR:
Announcing the release of PD Pro 7.1 Howler
New tools for motion artists.
San Diego, CA - January 31st, 2012
Dan Ritchie, creator of Project Dogwaffle and Philip Staiger of TheBest3D.com have announced that the newest generation of Project Dogwaffle named PD Pro 7.1 Howler is now available.
PD Pro 7.1 Howler is a fast digital painting and animation program made by an artist for professionals alike. It is loaded with numerous features used in visual effects and the film industry for post work, matte painting and traditional animation.
"This release is specifically made to build upon the new multi-threaded architecture we started with 7.0.", said Ritchie, "We've focused on adding productivity tools for video FX, adding more motion graphics tools, things we've always wanted to have in PD and are now easily possible."
What's New in PD Pro 7.1 Howler?
* Greatly enhanced Curve tool and animated filters:
- move existing points while in add mode
- add points anywhere along the curve (not just at the end)
- antialiased mode
- Render curve to Alpha: new Add and Subtract modes in addition to Replace
- Stroke the brush along an animated path of the Curve tool
- Fill an animated selection across all frames (guided by the path)
- Merge the Swap buffer against all frames using the selection
* Rotoscoping with Roto tools (part of the Curve tool)
- Roto tools: Set Keyframe, Delete Keyframe, Clear Keyframes
- use curve as Alpha, Invert selection, Soften and Blur...
- Motion tracker assistant, to automate the curve shape tracking
- Open(Load) and Save the path of the curve to file
- toggle visibility of the curve
* Image stabilization of shaky video
- motion smoothing or removal
- border replication or reconstruction
- reapplying the camera motion
- retiming after stabilization
* Motion tracking
- part of the automation in the Curve tool to create animated mattes
* Antialiasing of drawing tools (Ovals, Rectangles,...)
* New Color Curve Tool for color adjusting
* Animated Swap buffer:
- pick a dogwaffle animation file as a source of swap image sequence, used by various filters and tools that work with the swap buffer
* Faster Timeline
* Numerous miscellaneous improvements and a few bug fixes.
A detailed list with examples and videos can be accessed at www.thebest3d.com/howler/7
Pricing and Availability
PD Pro 7.1 Howler is a free update for current users of version 7.0 Howler
PD Pro 7.1 is available for purchase through the online store at theBest3D.com - The List price is $159, and a 20%
discount is being offered through February 14, 2012. .
About TheBest3D.com and Project Dogwaffle
Dan Ritchie is the creator of Project Dogwaffle and PD Pro Digital Painter. He has been known amongst the 3D community for making plugins for 3D tools, working as a 3D animator at Foundation Imaging and other production studios on projects like Star Trek Voyager, Starship Troopers, and other exciting sci-fi productions involving 3D animations and special effects.
Philip Staiger is the founder of TheBest3D.com, based in San Diego, California, and partners with Dan Ritchie to market and support Project Dogwaffle.
For press inquiries please contact Dan or Philip at www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/about
email: dogwaffle (at) thebest3d (dot) com
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned only for identification purposes, without any endorsement being implied.