Sketchbook: Beating Mediocrity - Daily sketchbook

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Beating Mediocrity - Daily sketchbook

So today I was thinking. I was looking at my drawings and thinking. For all my drawing, and practicing, the result is still very lazy. I've had no formal training, and if I am going to pursue art like I hope to, I am going to have to get better. I need people who actually know what they are talking about. I have also been neglecting my traditional mediums. Frankly, everything is a mess. Thats why I've decided that I need to focus on getting better. Or be mediocre for my whole life.

In the spirit of MindCandyMan, I'm going to post, once a day, some work that I feel have pushed myself to create. Everyday. Hopefully this will help me become better and more confident in my art.

To Be Clear: I WANT To Be Critiqued. Without It, I Won't Get Better.

So lets get this started.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sketches. I'm trying to do the face from more angles, and other various life drawings. I'm having a bit of difficulty with consistency, and generally not making the head look like shit from the side. In an unrelated note, my compter is terrible with resizing images. Please excuse my shit resolution.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! Well try to work from life as much as you can. find references from books and keep drawing more and more
    practise make us better ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's good that you are already drawing from life. Just keep at it, everyday for at least an hour (preferably longer) and you should improve. It will take time to be at a professional level, but all the hard work you put into it will be well worth it.

I suggest as a beginner picking up Bert Dodson's "Keys to Drawing" and working through the exercises. I'm about halfway through it and I love it so far =]

Good luck and keep drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Day 3

@Smaragdia: Thanks for the suggestions. I started looking online for a few reference sites. These will be very helpful.

@bowiepunk15: Good idea, I will give that book a shot! and thanks for the encouragement.

So on todays, I tried a few things that I have given me trouble in the past. In fact it is entirely things that give me trouble: Perspective and guns. Over all, I think it turned out fairly well. There are mistakes are far as the eye can see, but I need sleep. This was done entirely in photoshop.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Day 4

These sketches were taken from my notebook, because class can be so very boring most days. At the top is a sketch for my anatomy class, labeled and what not. All the others are various doodles, trying to draw things that would normally put me off. The bottom is supposed to be Benedict Cumberbatch, but I made the forehead a little too short, and the eyes too far up. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.