Sketchbook: jerzypony's SB thread
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile jerzypony's SB thread

Well, I had made a rather long introduction but the system decided to send it to "moderation" almost 10 hours ago and never posted it, so I guess it'll never show! So I guess I'll better do a simpler one or at least back this one up before I post it!

As I said on the introduction forum, I've always liked drawing but only recently decided to take it seriously and study anatomy books and all that. I hadn't done it before because of a mixture of not being that serious about it and, well, honestly not knowing about all those resources! So, I'm not a newby but I'm nowhere near where I'd like to be yet.

So now I'm forcing myself to draw for at least an hour a day. I'm going to join an art class near college next March so I'm looking forward to it too! I'm also trying to learn how to do this whole digital drawing thing as I like the results it gives and want to be able to do it well but am just starting with it so I need to practice with that too!

I don't have a scanner yet, so I guess I'll have to borrow my father's at weekends to show what I practice with a pencil while I get to buy one. Meanwhile, I'll also show what I try with the tablet!

So that's pretty much it I guess! If you want to know everything I will try to answer your questions. I'm here to learn and get better. I'm looking forward to constructive criticism and tips on how become better, and above all to having fun in the process!
    So, nice meeting you all, people!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It posted! Yay!
    Well, I guess I better show you something I've done then!

I'm most interested in learning how to draw people correctly (but openminded about learning everything else I can too!) so there's where I'm trying to focus most right now.

So let's see if I can upload some stuff!

The first image is an elf girl I drew from imagination some weeks ago. I was trying to work with the proportions and also try to get used to the tablet. I guess I pretty much sucked at both because a) I can't draw noses even remotely well, and b) I wasn't sure what I was doing with the tablet!

The second and third ones are basically me trying to work from a reference to both draw from real life and again, trying to get used to digital drawing. I actually learned something useful from this study as I discovered that in order to actually draw well I needed to work with a much larger image, not photoshop's preset size!

On the first wip I tried sketching the basic forms and proportions. On the second one I tried to do cleaner lines in a second layer, and implying the hair color simply. I also corrected the angle of the arm as it was quite off in the first wip.
    To be honest I have no clue what I'm doing so I'm not that sad to how it's coming out! I realized now that the distance between the breasts and the arm is too long so I'll have to correct that too.
    I'll be posting more on this as I work on them. I'll also try to go reading some useful threads, I've seen there's a lot to learn here but this site is so big it's almost intimidating!

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yoyo! And welcome! Always good to see new people (especially old as me ) joining in the journey to become awesome in their passion. I can't really say much, so I'll just keep an eye out for now but looking forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well thanks for passing by!
    I haven't updated this in a long time, but now with LevelUp I hope I'll do it many times a week

I'm here to learn, nice to meet you all!
    My sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=236160

Members who have read this thread: 8