Art: Student: Sang Jin Hong's Portfolio

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Student: Sang Jin Hong's Portfolio

Hello, I'm a student at The Art Institute of Portland, Majoring in the Media Arts and Animation program. I'm seeking to strengthen my skills and work towards become a concept artist for movies/games. I'm currently in my last year and would greatly appreciate any feedback/crit on my work so far. Thank you for time and thoughts.

The rest of my Portfolio can be viewed here.

www.sangjinhong.com

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by SJHong; February 4th, 2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: adding art, correcting post
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey man, just a few thoughts.

It looks right now like you are either obsessed with Mayans or Aztecs (?) or like you did a larger project for school (or any other reason) with that topic.

A option would indicate that you are stuck doing one thing - not good.

B option would indicate that you are lazy to do more than you have to - again not good

Wider variety of topics would be preferred and it would show you as someone more imaginative, knowledgeable and passionate.

I know you got other topics going on as well, but they are the very end of that slider thingy.

The clumsy slider thingy - I hate it. I want to have better control over what I click on and how I move through your gallery. Folders with thumbnails would be preferable.

Last thing I would add that your traditional work like

http://www.sangjinhong.com/uploads/1...45199_orig.jpg

is much stronger than your colored digital work at this point.

Best of luck with your career and I hope it didn't come out as too harsh.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nrekkvan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hello, thanks for the crit I appreciate any feedback given. The Aztec work was the latest concept project I worked on. I was watching an interview with a pro and they mentioned that they like seeing work in project sets i.e characters, backgrounds and such to show you can cover a wide range on 1 project. I have other project sets behind the Aztec set, but they are older so I put the newest stuff in the front (hoping to show my skills are improving). I do agree that the slider probably isn't the best way of moving through the gallery. Maybe something where they are organized within folders, and maybe captions to indicate what they are would showcase the work better.

Thanks
    Hello, thanks for the crit I appreciate any feedback given. The Aztec work was the latest concept project I worked on. I was watching an interview with a pro and they mentioned that they like seeing work in project sets i.e characters, backgrounds and such to show you can cover a wide range on 1 project. I have other project sets behind the Aztec set, but they are older so I put the newest stuff in the front (hoping to show my skills are improving). I do agree that the slider probably isn't the best way of moving through the gallery. Maybe something where they are organized within folders, and maybe captions to indicate what they are would showcase the work better.

Thanks
    Wow that alien is so cool .A draw one last week but i'm kind of a beginner at this .So it's not so good.

Members who have read this thread: 1