Thanks

Talking Digital art n00b, Nice to meet ya.

Ya, just thought I'd say hello. I'm pretty new to the art world in general, and especially to digital art. (Until earlier this year, I listened exclusively to my art teacher, who said that PS was only a tool for lazy people to work on layout) Unfortunately (or fortunately... in some ways) the school i'm going to is MAJOR into the digital arts. Like, photoshop is acceptable medium for almost any assignment not intended to teach you how to use another medium. So, i'm trying to bulk up my knowledge and practice of Photoshop, Painter, etc. before I head of to school, that i do not look like some simpleminded northern yankee who hasn't seen a mouse before. (the computer kind... i've seen both up here in vermont) I'm basically just here to learn for now, maybe after a decade or two I'll have something worth passing on. :p
    Last edited by Daissan; May 19th, 2004 at 11:25 AM.
    Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action.
    - Frank Tibolt

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey guy nice to meet ya...or er um, you know what I mean. . I'm new here too but unlike you I have talent heh heh just messin with ya. welcome Aboard.
    bad is good and good is only okay...

Website
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    welcome aboard. Dont ever let anyone tell tou that digital art is for lazy people EVAR
    No really, welcome. Oh and BTW the whole "I suck" winge and whine is not appreciated that much. Let other people decide whether youre a talentless loser any way welcome and have fun.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Yah, you're right about the whining thing. I was tired at the end of a rough day (and dealing with the shock of finding that everyone here is amazing... :mumble: ) and so I changed it. Plus, I'm sure plenty of people will (subtly or no) point it out to me after I start posting work. As to the digital art thing, I'm slowly whittling away at my teacher's preconcieved notion of how digital art is for the lazy and untalented. I started by doing a pretty nice figure painting (drawing.... what DO you call a peice made in photoshop? ) and then anoter full composition with about 20 layers, which I brought her on CD so that she could see the potential for detailed and complex work. (not that I can produce such work yet, but the potential should be enough for her) After a lil bit I'll probably try to send her here, despite herbeing somewhat computer adverse. (Hope she never happens to read this thread. :doh: ) Anyways, thanks for the warm welcomes. ^^
    - Frank Tibolt

Thanks
    heh no probs man, i wasnt criting you just warning you for the future any way if yer gettin into digital art get a wacom tablet its the best investment youl make in... forever. The minimum i would get is a graphire 3 (thats what i have) even really small ones arent bad and really quite cheap if you think about it.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Actually, I already managed to snag a tablet. One of my friends just recently moved off to college and bought a newer, bigger, better one, and i offered to take the old one off his hands. (being the gadget freak that I am ) Honestly, the thing is probably the single most powerful influence in my conversion to digital artwork. It's an older wacom, only about 3x4 inches, I think it's a graphire 1 or 2, but I don't know, there's no model name on the thing. If anyone knows how to check it, it's model number ET-0405A-U, whatever that is. It's not all that sensitive, and i get jagged, cornery lines if I draw at too reduced a scale, but it was certainly the best 30 dollars I ever spent. ^^

And dun apologize for criting me. You were right, i was being a whiny jerk. :p
    Last edited by Daissan; May 21st, 2004 at 12:08 AM.
    - Frank Tibolt