Sketchbook: Suminsky`s Sketchbook

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Suminsky`s Sketchbook

Hello...Never posted art in this forum, so... I guess I will be keeping uploading that thread with my work, starting by posting some stuff I have stored in the pc already..
    I will not post everything at once because the feedback(if any) will probably spread out too much..

The point is get some feedback, I want know what ppl think about my style and get pointed at the problems with my drawings that I cant actually see yet ;D

Ive been most part of my life the "pencil dude", I feel much more confident with a pencil than doing cg with the bamboo pen I have..
    (sorry if this is getting too long)
    I always try to exaggerate everything I can in the drawings, pose, forms, expressions, etc.. I like very stylized stuff, but I also like very realistic textures and minimum details..Fav artists that comes to mind is Jim Murray and Paul Bonner.

Also, Im with very few spare time (working and studying a lot) so I dont have much recent work to post.. I think thats it..
    (I dont have a blog anymore, so ignore the address in the drawings)
    (also, first time posting, dont know if Im doing anything wrong..)

HOW THIS WORKS:
    - I will link to all posts of mine that have artwork uploaded, so you can follow everything from the first post(this one).

posts with work:
    -this one
    -second
    -third
    -forth
    -fifth
    -sixth
    -seventh

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by Suminsky; October 3rd, 2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: removing prefix
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    What I appreciate more on drawings, in that order : style - detail - composition(scene) - polishment

Hmm..yeah I think its really like this to me, but doesnt mean bad detail cant ruin style, or composition cant make a drawing with poor style looks good..

deviantart(click)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool stuff man, i like the sniper guy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to APW For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by APW View Post
    cool stuff man, i like the sniper guy
    Thanks man.

What I appreciate more on drawings, in that order : style - detail - composition(scene) - polishment

Hmm..yeah I think its really like this to me, but doesnt mean bad detail cant ruin style, or composition cant make a drawing with poor style looks good..

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really like your style

7. The Following User Says Thank You to will123will For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got talent, that's beautiful stuff man, congratulations =)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveGarcia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by will123will View Post
    really like your style
    Thanks a lot, generally compliments about style is what I like the most.

Its what I appreciate more on drawings, in that order : style - detail - composition(scene) - polishment

Hmm..yeah I think its really like this to me, but doesnt mean bad detail cant ruin style, or composition cant make a drawing with poor style looks good.. Im putting this on the first post my sig ¦)

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGarcia View Post
    You've got talent, that's beautiful stuff man, congratulations =)
    Thank you man, Im glad you think like that!

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just uploaded last 4 drawings (first post).

Erm...Theres a way to post the images zoomed out? Like then when you click they enlarge or something like that...also Id like to post something between the images, instead of displaying all at the end...what a noob huh?

Hope you enjoy the new pics

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa, great work man. Love all rippling muscles and the hands. I think it's the style that makes me think your characters would look fitting in graffiti.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Xamllew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamllew View Post
    Whoa, great work man. Love all rippling muscles and the hands. I think it's the style that makes me think your characters would look fitting in graffiti.
    Thanks man, drawing muscles and hands is something particularly fun to do, I always enjoyed to do it.

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your drawings are great. You clearly show you have good sense in capturing volume and gestures.

I was also a pencil person. My advice for you, from my own struggle, is to develop understanding of light and shadow, as well as hue. I assume you tend to shade without being conscious about light source. (sorry if I'm wrong) If you nail down those basics for painting, regardless of your interest in painting, ...you will be even more amazing at drawing!

nice work

17. The Following User Says Thank You to raqmo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by raqmo View Post
    Your drawings are great. You clearly show you have good sense in capturing volume and gestures.

I was also a pencil person. My advice for you, from my own struggle, is to develop understanding of light and shadow, as well as hue. I assume you tend to shade without being conscious about light source. (sorry if I'm wrong) If you nail down those basics for painting, regardless of your interest in painting, ...you will be even more amazing at drawing!

nice work
    Yo! Thanks!
    I do tend a lot to shade caring only about volume/form. Im so used to do it that I never remember to keep shading based on the same light sources..probably because I dont do much compositions(scenes with environments, etc.).
    I will try keep that on focus.

By hue do you mean keep different tonalities of gray for different colors?
    This is something I already try to do (dont make drawings look like plaster statues you know..). This is a very good advise.
    I will remember those on my next drawings.

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I was going to upload some drawings..
    All of them have a link to my deviantart, is this a problem? Can I upload them?
    The last 2 in the first post I just uploaded, they have the link...Got me thinking..

Last edited by Suminsky; May 13th, 2012 at 09:21 PM.

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BTW, theres a way to post the same image without having to re-upload it? Id like to post the new images on the new posts, but also keep them in the first one, that way I can keep things more readable and anyone can see all the drawings without having to travel trough all the (future) pages..

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Uploading everything to the first is just really messy, I think I will be uploading in the new posts, and then link to those posts in the first post...sounds good..

SO, Im choosing some drawings from my recent scanned ones to post here, and get some feedback.

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3 more scans

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, your anatomy and pencil drawings a really cool, but why do you use so strange proportions?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Artezianin View Post
    Man, your anatomy and pencil drawings a really cool, but why do you use so strange proportions?)
    Thanks.
    I dont know how to answer, I just like exaggerating...
    Anything specific you see and immediately dont like? Like something odd? Or you just curious?
    Theres ppl who prefer more realism, theres others who prefer cartoony/stylized, etc.. I sure dont feel tied to realistic stuff, but I like to detail/shade it to make it feel touchable..
    (J.D.Hillberry is my example of how far can pencil shade go to make it feel real)

Last edited by Suminsky; May 26th, 2012 at 08:22 PM.

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great anatomy and poses man, you have an interesting style, i really like it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wla91 View Post
    Great anatomy and poses man, you have an interesting style, i really like it!
    Thanks man!

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3 pencil scans

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, Im loving the new layout *_*, congrats!

Heres some "not so sketched not much polished either" cg I did in the last days..Cell shading for making my life easier..those are very recent, probably will realize some look ridiculous and I cant see it yet...u_u I hate when that happens

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So...free sketching for my own sake..
    Testing with the so acclaimed squad brush..(it really gives a painterly feel), trying to suck some DavidRapozaArt skills with the ninja turtle, testing some heavy light effects on batman (trying to run away of heavy lined art I was doing lately)

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet, you're great with the pencil Suminsky!!!
    Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, you know how to use the pencil! Really great work, i love how you abstract the proportions while they still look neat and interesting.
    pretty cool designs, too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse View Post
    Sweet, you're great with the pencil Suminsky!!!
    Keep up the good work!
    Thanks man! Pencil is still my mind freedom when drawing, tablets are awesome, but pencil is home!

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux_Aeterna View Post
    wow, you know how to use the pencil! Really great work, i love how you abstract the proportions while they still look neat and interesting.
    pretty cool designs, too!
    Thanks a lot!

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I do prefer your pencil/paper works, they have energy and personality! And..big hands! XD But I like it, it's your style

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Test painting, trying to find my way on fully shaded cg drawings...

deviantart(click)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleyon View Post
    I do prefer your pencil/paper works, they have energy and personality! And..big hands! XD But I like it, it's your style
    Big hands is a necessity! They get smaller the more uninspired I get, and vice-versa ¦D

deviantart(click)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.