control room
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: control room

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

control room

hey guys

just working on a control room very loose, just in stages i was thinking control room within a big spaceship.

hey ryan this is the approach i was going for, tell me what you think??

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Decent start! Be careful about cropping your little figures at the knees though. They're an important part of establishing the scale within the piece, so be sure to leave at least one intact for viewer comprehension. I think the dark foreground elements are getting confusing when they run up against the focal structure in the midground. Good luck with refining this one!

Please Sir, I'd like some more.

www.rogersewardart.com

Facebook

Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, you are going epic with this.. I love it.. I'd love to see how far you take this and then see yuo do some callouts on specific elements to show us the real up close nitty gritty detail of some of these pieces in the scene.. But overall this is a great start, way beyond what I was thinking of a smaller room overlooking a work area or something but this could be even better.. Going to be a great study for depth, lightning and atmosphere

www.IronbellyStudios.com
    Creative Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code for PC, Console and Mobile)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice start, agreed. however if this hadn't had a title, would it read as a control room? all i see is a transformer tied up but in a spread-eagle position. the composition leads to the center... but theres nothing really there. you have some nice shapes and arcitecture. now i would get some ref of existing cockpits and comand centres so you can get your head around it. and start thumbnailing different camera angles, the one you have is quite symmetrical.

Sketchbook
    Blog
    cts.sanders@googlemail.com
    Facebook

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the feedback and comments its great. So the next step for this image i was working on shaping out the details in background, mid and foreground. i through in some texture to give some noise, extended the height of the image, give it some structure and fix up the on people. Focus on the engine/control structure.

I'm thinking of added some colour soon maybe blue and greens, also burst of energy/ unstable energy within the main structure. Let me know what you guy think??

thanks!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys,

thanks for the comments and crits. So what i did so far i worked on the background - mid and foreground just with some details, shaping it up. I extended the height of it image give it so more room, i had been having some thoughts on the main structure to give it some blueish unstable energy. Going to add some colour soon so yeah...enjoy!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is beginning to look more like a catheral than a control room You've bitten of something big here, certainly bigger than a little 1-2 week project.. regardless though I can't wait to see how it turns out because if yuo follow this through to completion you could have a masterpiece on your hands. MOAR updates!

www.IronbellyStudios.com
    Creative Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code for PC, Console and Mobile)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.