Thanks

Uproar over first German post-war reprint of Mein Kampf

May be of some interest to members here:

http://mg.co.za/article/2012-01-18-u...-of-mein-kampf

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Interesting indeed, thank you.

In my opinion it's high time they release an edition of this. It is a bit ridiculous, that it can be bought around the world, but not in Germany.

... Though the uproar must have been rather minor, I didn't even hear of it yet ^^

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Steeljren For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I agree, yes, Hitler was a horrible man and he set in motion events that killed millions, and while it is not yet time for the atrocities he caused to be forgotten, the quest for knowledge is the most noble of all, we need to know about him and what was going on in his head despite what happened.
    I understand Germany's reluctance to put the book in print though, WWII I know is a source of shame for many germans who were alive at the time, whether or not it should be is not the question right now. Germans are not currently stereotyped according to their part in the world wars, the country is known for precision engineering and quality. At least, that's what comes to mind when someone says "Germany" to me now.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barefoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It should be reprinted. There's no point in trying to hide history. Banning a book only adds to it's mysticism.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MellowPsycho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowPsycho View Post
    It should be reprinted. There's no point in trying to hide history. Banning a book only adds to it's mysticism.
    Gone should be the days where none but the winners write history.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RyNSWOrLD View Post
    the country is known for precision engineering and quality.
    Have been ever since the V2 rocket smashed holes in the city where you live. :-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blogmatix View Post
    Have been ever since the V2 rocket smashed holes in the city where you live. :-)
    I think that people over here's opinions on german engineering during the war were overshadowed by the evilness of the Nazi regime.

Thanks
    Reading about mistakes of the past is how we learn not to repeat them.
    My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manlybrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Another German here; I didn't hear about the "uproar" either o_O Didn't even hear anything about it until now! Interesting news.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    My high-school had a copy available for check out. I'm in the US though.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maidith View Post
    Another German here; I didn't hear about the "uproar" either o_O Didn't even hear anything about it until now!
    It neatly illustrates how, when there is nothing to report, the media manufacture news. :-)

Love your avatar, by the way.

Thanks
    I have read segments of "Mein Kampf". One would be hard pressed to find a viler example of racism and anti-semitism. Perhaps I missed the key parts where it is all explained, but I don't think so. Regardless, I have no interest in reading it in its entirety to find out. But hey, that's just me!

If anyone really needs to read it, it should be available to them. Most people will be repulsed by it, but there will always be those for whom it reinforces their own world view. But those people will always be with us, with or without Mein Kampf.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it's gonna piss you off!

Website
    www.ceandersonart.com

Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ed-...47726545290769

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wooly ESS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooly ESS View Post
    I have read segments of "Mein Kampf". One would be hard pressed to find a viler example of racism and anti-semitism. Perhaps I missed the key parts where it is all explained, but I don't think so. Regardless, I have no interest in reading it in its entirety to find out. But hey, that's just me!

If anyone really needs to read it, it should be available to them. Most people will be repulsed by it, but there will always be those for whom it reinforces their own world view. But those people will always be with us, with or without Mein Kampf.
    I've read it, and there's some gosh darn awful stuff in there, but... That's Hitler for you.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Barefoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 887 Posts
    I've read it. I have a PDF of it. The following quote is a pretty good synopsis:

"The Jewish doctrine of Marxism repudiates the aristocratic principle of Nature and substitutes for it the eternal privilege of force and energy, numerical mass and its dead weight. Thus it denies the individual worth of the human personality, impugns the teaching that nationhood and race have a primary significance, and by doing this it takes away the very foundations of human existence and human civilization. If the Marxist teaching were to be accepted as the foundation of the life of the universe, it would lead to the disappearance of all order that is conceivable to the human mind. And thus the adoption of such a law would provoke chaos in the structure of the greatest organism that we know, with the result that the inhabitants of this earthly planet would finally disappear.

Should the Jew, with the aid of his Marxist creed, triumph over the people of this world, his Crown will be the funeral wreath of mankind, and this planet will once again follow its orbit through ether, without any human life on its surface, as it did millions of years ago.

And so I believe to-day that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. In standing guard against the Jew I am defending the handiwork of the Lord."

Mein Kampf, p. 59

"That's Hitler for you." (just doin' the work of the Lord. . .)