Sketchbook: ARI'S DRAWINGS

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: ARI'S DRAWINGS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ARI'S DRAWINGS

Hey everyone, my name is Ari, I知 a programmer currently enrolled at Davenport University and I知 trying to get my computer Science degree. I also really love art and drawing and I知 looking to go to art school once I get my bachelors. I have an intuos4 small tablet and I have Photoshop Cs5 and Corel Painter 12 and I知 really excited to jump in and start this post to display some sort of dedication to how much I really want to draw.
    I致e been drawing for quite some time now; but, I will admit that I知 not good at it. I spent a lot of my time searching for the right brushes and trying to figuring out how to do it at a faster rate. I found that there is no easy way into this and that there is only one way to learn to draw practice. So, I started trying to develop my own style through 菟racticing, but, I was still looking for ways to create brushes like my favorite artist Alien1452. That is until I read this post from a really great artist named Elsevilla: http://elsevilla.deviantart.com/jour...IALS-233758818 that made me say 添ou know what! He is right! It痴 time to sit down and be productive. So, I began reading some more post on concept art that led me to a site named http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php and I began starting to draw 30 second drawings. I am also looking to paint with Corel Painter 12 and I looked at a pretty detailed post from Arne Niklas Jansson http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm. So, I知 using this sketchbook as a way for me to constantly post anything on what I draw, whether it痴 bad or good. This way it can be critique by the masters and it will help me in areas of improvement that far surpasses art itself. I will also ask for help on thing related towards helping me study basic anatomy and dynamic poses from you guys as well. So enjoy the content I post and don稚 go easy on meh! ^_^

-Sincerely Ari
    p.s. I will try to post on this sketchbook every day; but, I may miss some do to school. So, if I don稚 post please be patient with me (Living with procrastination really sux!).

Here are some 30 sec poses I did in corel (1/18/2012):
    ARI'S DRAWINGS

Last edited by AlstonA; January 26th, 2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Not a lot of people is viewing my drawing's. I need other people to critique my work.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking forward to seing some of your work

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel Jam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, does anyone know of a site where I can download lineart so I can paint on? Also, if the line art is under a creative commons license so that I can post it on here( but I will credit the artist)? This would be very helpful while I try to develop a painting style and trying to create my own personal brush set as well.

p.s. Explain how you learned to draw as well guys this helps me and the people reviewing this topic ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alston if you want artwork to color like a comic-artist.. just search for that in google..

If you mean to do paintings.. you are screwing yourself over if that's how you start. Learn to create solid linework or your paintings will be terrible. I only say that because learning linework means you're learning to understand forms.. which means you're learning to understand how to portray those forms as light interacts with them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4tonmantis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AlstonA View Post
    p.s. Explain how you learned to draw as well guys this helps me and the people reviewing this topic ^_^
    Learn to draw by drawing.. it's the only real answer..
    Look for books by Andrew Loomis, Burne Hoggarth, and Bridgman. They teach what's called construction-type drawing, where you base the human figure off of pre-defined rules and shapes and go from there. Loomis and Hoggarth are more literal while Bridgman shows you the underlying forms in a simpler way.

Do studies from life.. Draw what you see.. set something on a table and draw it. It might be boring at first but it's basically a workout for your drawing ability. Strong people don't go to the gym because it's exciting.. they go so they'll be strong for whatever.. running marathons, punchin dudes, and killing zombies..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    Learn to draw by drawing.. it's the only real answer..
    Look for books by Andrew Loomis, Burne Hoggarth, and Bridgman. They teach what's called construction-type drawing, where you base the human figure off of pre-defined rules and shapes and go from there. Loomis and Hoggarth are more literal while Bridgman shows you the underlying forms in a simpler way.

Do studies from life.. Draw what you see.. set something on a table and draw it. It might be boring at first but it's basically a workout for your drawing ability. Strong people don't go to the gym because it's exciting.. they go so they'll be strong for whatever.. running marathons, punchin dudes, and killing zombies..
    Thanks I'm looking ata particular anime style similar to alien1452 but I know that I still need to look at the artist you provided me.

p.s. how about strong people running marathons while punching zombies and dudes XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AlstonA View Post
    Thanks I'm looking ata particular anime style similar to alien1452 but I know that I still need to look at the artist you provided me.

p.s. how about strong people running marathons while punching zombies and dudes XD
    It's possible that you could just draw in an anime style and cop someone's style.. the problem is.. if you want to do anything other than pinups.. you're stuck.. because the point of studying the other artists is that you learn where the muscles should be, how the body moves, how cloth folds, how to draw hands and feet and eyes.. etc. There are a lot of amazing anime artists.. but there are also a lot that really don't know what the hell they're doing, and I'm trying to keep you from developing into the latter.

Marathon running zombie dude punchers is probably one of the best ideas I've heard in a while

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 4tonmantis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What 4tonmantis said was right. You don't want to learn how to draw in someone style. You want to stand out from the crowd. Most people make the mistake of learning how to draw anatomy rather than focusing on realistic anatomy. It is easier to me to take something complex and make it simpler rather than take something simple and make it complex. Keep practicing realistic anatomy and draw from life. And if you keep studying you will come of with your own original awesome style. It comes with time.

Checkout my sketchbook filled with awesomeness.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Passhunate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    It's possible that you could just draw in an anime style and cop someone's style.. the problem is.. if you want to do anything other than pinups.. you're stuck.. because the point of studying the other artists is that you learn where the muscles should be, how the body moves, how cloth folds, how to draw hands and feet and eyes.. etc. There are a lot of amazing anime artists.. but there are also a lot that really don't know what the hell they're doing, and I'm trying to keep you from developing into the latter.

Marathon running zombie dude punchers is probably one of the best ideas I've heard in a while
    I know I will study life drawing and learning anatomy until I have a good understanding of the human body, then, I will start to develope my own anime style.

I smell and animation of that some day.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Passhunate View Post
    What 4tonmantis said was right. You don't want to learn how to draw in someone style. You want to stand out from the crowd. Most people make the mistake of learning how to draw anatomy rather than focusing on realistic anatomy. It is easier to me to take something complex and make it simpler rather than take something simple and make it complex. Keep practicing realistic anatomy and draw from life. And if you keep studying you will come of with your own original awesome style. It comes with time.
    I enjoy this post, I will do ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone I made some more gestures. I'm exhausted and I will draw more later own today; but, for now I need a little nap. Thank you everyone for the support!

p.s. I really enjoy drawing the 30 sec poses more than the 5 min poses. Something about fleshing out the form as quick as possible excites me.

ARI'S DRAWINGS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone! More gestures here! Now, I'm working on bones now I am going to focus more on placement tomorrow; but, for now this is all I have.
    ARI'S DRAWINGS
    ARI'S DRAWINGS
    ARI'S DRAWINGS
    ARI'S DRAWINGS

Tell me how my improvement has been shaping up and thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More Bones!!!!!
    ARI'S DRAWINGS
    Anyone have any tips for me when using a tablet (Wacom Inuos4 small)?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The other day I was doing a finger and arm warm-ups. I just let my hand do what it feels like it wants and I am just gazing at a video or something of the sort at this time. I stopped when I saw this weird gesture and I really liked it. So, I saved it:

ARI'S DRAWINGS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Older Drawing

Here is an older drawing I did around June of 2011. I really need some work; but, I know that practice is the key, but, I feel that I haven't really improved much.

ARI'S DRAWINGS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My practice (1/24/2012)

Hello everyone! I'm back to work on some more gesture drawings. I have improved quite a bit now. When drawing, I can start to tell where a particular bone would go or were a muscle would form; I couldn't say that about 2 weeks ago.

Here is a few gesture drawings I did on paper. I tried to focus more on how I would scan the drawings more than the drawings themselves. It was more on how it would look when I draw in pencil or pen and scanned it.

Take a look tell me what would you prefer or what solution would you provide:
    ARI'S DRAWINGS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Scrapped logo

Don't rate this on my recent drawing practice. I made this a few weeks ago before I started to take this seriously and start drawing. I was troubled trying to figure out how to place basic shapes on this weapon. Still, I am trying and that is the best part for me.

ARI'S DRAWINGS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cammy testing pose

Wanted to get a grip on how poses could feel upside down. So, I found one of Cammy (Thank you Interwebs). I like the line of action on her doing a handstand. So, I drew a quicker pose of her just to get the feel of action typed poses.

ARI'S DRAWINGS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, to the people viewing my sketchbook, I will be gone from Friday - Sunday to my parent's home. They currently don't have internet, so I will be working mainly from a tethered connection (Very slow) through my cellphone; but, I will still continue to draw and I will post more drawings when I get back home.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

1-26-2012

Just did a simple body test before I try and go back to sleep. I am really tired, but, I cannot sleep. For now, I will watch the Daily show as I calmly sit here and draw until I fall asleep with my pencil in my hand...

p.s. Tomorrow, I will begin doing some hand postures because I suck at that.
    ARI'S DRAWINGS

P.p.s. The darker lines on this quick sketch was used with a ball point pen (Black ink). I think that will be the solution for me when I am inking in a sketch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

30 Mins before class starts

Hello, I did this about 30 mins before I started class. It was more of a quick sketch to view the human bones.

ARI'S DRAWINGS

Members who have read this thread: 1