Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 21

Thread: ARI'S DRAWINGS

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ARI'S DRAWINGS

    Hey everyone, my name is Ari, Iím a programmer currently enrolled at Davenport University and Iím trying to get my computer Science degree. I also really love art and drawing and Iím looking to go to art school once I get my bachelors. I have an intuos4 small tablet and I have Photoshop Cs5 and Corel Painter 12 and Iím really excited to jump in and start this post to display some sort of dedication to how much I really want to draw.
    Iíve been drawing for quite some time now; but, I will admit that Iím not good at it. I spent a lot of my time searching for the right brushes and trying to figuring out how to do it at a faster rate. I found that there is no easy way into this and that there is only one way to learn to drawÖ practice. So, I started trying to develop my own style through ďpracticing,Ē but, I was still looking for ways to create brushes like my favorite artist Alien1452. That is until I read this post from a really great artist named Elsevilla: http://elsevilla.deviantart.com/jour...IALS-233758818 that made me say ďYou know what! He is right! Itís time to sit down and be productiveĒ. So, I began reading some more post on concept art that led me to a site named http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php and I began starting to draw 30 second drawings. I am also looking to paint with Corel Painter 12 and I looked at a pretty detailed post from Arne Niklas Jansson http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm. So, Iím using this sketchbook as a way for me to constantly post anything on what I draw, whether itís bad or good. This way it can be critique by the masters and it will help me in areas of improvement that far surpasses art itself. I will also ask for help on thing related towards helping me study basic anatomy and dynamic poses from you guys as well. So enjoy the content I post and donít go easy on meh! ^_^

    -Sincerely Ari
    p.s. I will try to post on this sketchbook every day; but, I may miss some do to school. So, if I donít post please be patient with me (Living with procrastination really sux!).



    Here are some 30 sec poses I did in corel (1/18/2012):
    ARI'S DRAWINGS


    Last edited by AlstonA; January 26th, 2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Not a lot of people is viewing my drawing's. I need other people to critique my work.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    northern ireland
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Looking forward to seing some of your work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel Jam For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey, does anyone know of a site where I can download lineart so I can paint on? Also, if the line art is under a creative commons license so that I can post it on here( but I will credit the artist)? This would be very helpful while I try to develop a painting style and trying to create my own personal brush set as well.

    p.s. Explain how you learned to draw as well guys this helps me and the people reviewing this topic ^_^
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
    Alston if you want artwork to color like a comic-artist.. just search for that in google..

    If you mean to do paintings.. you are screwing yourself over if that's how you start. Learn to create solid linework or your paintings will be terrible. I only say that because learning linework means you're learning to understand forms.. which means you're learning to understand how to portray those forms as light interacts with them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4tonmantis For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlstonA View Post
    p.s. Explain how you learned to draw as well guys this helps me and the people reviewing this topic ^_^
    Learn to draw by drawing.. it's the only real answer..
    Look for books by Andrew Loomis, Burne Hoggarth, and Bridgman. They teach what's called construction-type drawing, where you base the human figure off of pre-defined rules and shapes and go from there. Loomis and Hoggarth are more literal while Bridgman shows you the underlying forms in a simpler way.

    Do studies from life.. Draw what you see.. set something on a table and draw it. It might be boring at first but it's basically a workout for your drawing ability. Strong people don't go to the gym because it's exciting.. they go so they'll be strong for whatever.. running marathons, punchin dudes, and killing zombies..
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    Learn to draw by drawing.. it's the only real answer..
    Look for books by Andrew Loomis, Burne Hoggarth, and Bridgman. They teach what's called construction-type drawing, where you base the human figure off of pre-defined rules and shapes and go from there. Loomis and Hoggarth are more literal while Bridgman shows you the underlying forms in a simpler way.

    Do studies from life.. Draw what you see.. set something on a table and draw it. It might be boring at first but it's basically a workout for your drawing ability. Strong people don't go to the gym because it's exciting.. they go so they'll be strong for whatever.. running marathons, punchin dudes, and killing zombies..
    Thanks I'm looking ata particular anime style similar to alien1452 but I know that I still need to look at the artist you provided me.

    p.s. how about strong people running marathons while punching zombies and dudes XD
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlstonA View Post
    Thanks I'm looking ata particular anime style similar to alien1452 but I know that I still need to look at the artist you provided me.

    p.s. how about strong people running marathons while punching zombies and dudes XD
    It's possible that you could just draw in an anime style and cop someone's style.. the problem is.. if you want to do anything other than pinups.. you're stuck.. because the point of studying the other artists is that you learn where the muscles should be, how the body moves, how cloth folds, how to draw hands and feet and eyes.. etc. There are a lot of amazing anime artists.. but there are also a lot that really don't know what the hell they're doing, and I'm trying to keep you from developing into the latter.

    Marathon running zombie dude punchers is probably one of the best ideas I've heard in a while
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to 4tonmantis For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 25 Times in 24 Posts
    What 4tonmantis said was right. You don't want to learn how to draw in someone style. You want to stand out from the crowd. Most people make the mistake of learning how to draw anatomy rather than focusing on realistic anatomy. It is easier to me to take something complex and make it simpler rather than take something simple and make it complex. Keep practicing realistic anatomy and draw from life. And if you keep studying you will come of with your own original awesome style. It comes with time.
    Checkout my sketchbook filled with awesomeness.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Passhunate For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tonmantis View Post
    It's possible that you could just draw in an anime style and cop someone's style.. the problem is.. if you want to do anything other than pinups.. you're stuck.. because the point of studying the other artists is that you learn where the muscles should be, how the body moves, how cloth folds, how to draw hands and feet and eyes.. etc. There are a lot of amazing anime artists.. but there are also a lot that really don't know what the hell they're doing, and I'm trying to keep you from developing into the latter.

    Marathon running zombie dude punchers is probably one of the best ideas I've heard in a while
    I know I will study life drawing and learning anatomy until I have a good understanding of the human body, then, I will start to develope my own anime style.

    I smell and animation of that some day.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Passhunate View Post
    What 4tonmantis said was right. You don't want to learn how to draw in someone style. You want to stand out from the crowd. Most people make the mistake of learning how to draw anatomy rather than focusing on realistic anatomy. It is easier to me to take something complex and make it simpler rather than take something simple and make it complex. Keep practicing realistic anatomy and draw from life. And if you keep studying you will come of with your own original awesome style. It comes with time.
    I enjoy this post, I will do ^_^
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  16. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey everyone I made some more gestures. I'm exhausted and I will draw more later own today; but, for now I need a little nap. Thank you everyone for the support!

    p.s. I really enjoy drawing the 30 sec poses more than the 5 min poses. Something about fleshing out the form as quick as possible excites me.

    ARI'S DRAWINGS
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  17. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello everyone! More gestures here! Now, I'm working on bones now I am going to focus more on placement tomorrow; but, for now this is all I have.
    ARI'S DRAWINGS
    ARI'S DRAWINGS
    ARI'S DRAWINGS
    ARI'S DRAWINGS

    Tell me how my improvement has been shaping up and thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More Bones!!!!!
    ARI'S DRAWINGS
    Anyone have any tips for me when using a tablet (Wacom Inuos4 small)?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Way to Learn to Draw?
    By AW177 in forum ART SCHOOLS & ART EDUCATION
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 14th, 2010, 11:20 AM
  2. SketchBook: I'm Still Learn to Draw
    By Matindas in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: April 15th, 2010, 08:57 PM
  3. Learn to draw
    By Triclone in forum SUPPORT
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 27th, 2008, 09:10 PM
  4. Can everybody learn to draw?
    By eiri yuki in forum Artist Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: July 2nd, 2006, 11:30 AM
  5. Learn to draw
    By Dalith in forum ART TUTORIALS, ART TIPS & ART TRICKS - ARCHIVE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 14th, 2004, 12:46 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook