1. Look at the last post: if that person has already posted a picture, go ahead and make a post. From that point, you will have 4 hours to post a picture of your own character killing/defeating the previous poster's character. If the person in the last post has not yet uploaded a picture, please wait until (s)he has. (And if it's been way over 4 hours, it wouldn't hurt to message that person and give him/her a heads up.)
2. When you are ready to post your art, do not edit your initial 'This character is mine/I'm on it/DIBS!' reply. Delete it and make a new reply with the artwork posted. That way, the thread shows activity and people will know that there is delicious arts to look at.
3. Rinse and repeat!
It may or may not be customary to utter a war cry before engagement. C:
RULES. READ THEM.
1. First of all DO NOT CLAIM SPOTS IN ADVANCE. This is a first come, first serve sort of activity. Therefore, there should be only one person playing at a time.
2. No commenting, unless you're going to delete that post and replace it later with pics. Every post in this thread should have artwork in it. If you'd like to comment, there is a thread for it right here. You are making one picture for every post you submit.
3. Please, only claim a character if you have the time to make the art in the 4-hour time frame. This activity works best when the pace is kept up; if you take too long and the thread just sits, people lose interest and that makes everyone sad.
4. You don't have to make a finished masterpiece but make sure you spend enough time on it to elevate it from 'scrawl' material. But seriously, don't stress out! Keep it fun and enjoy yourself because that is the name of the game.
And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.