Dry digital watercolors
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Dry digital watercolors

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Dry digital watercolors

Hello, I'm new to corel painter and I've been trying to get used to the digital watercolor brushes. One of the things I've been reading about on the forums is called the "dry digital watercolors" hotkey,I can't seem to figure out what it does exactly. I've tried to place colors on the canvas using the Simple watercolor brush. then, I press the button, then I try to draw on the color and it does nothing really. The colors still blend, I dont know what exactly is suppose to be going on I though they were suppose to be darkening once I tried to dry the watercolor brush.

please help me...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AlstonA View Post
    Hello, I'm new to corel painter and I've been trying to get used to the digital watercolor brushes. One of the things I've been reading about on the forums is called the "dry digital watercolors" hotkey,I can't seem to figure out what it does exactly. I've tried to place colors on the canvas using the Simple watercolor brush. then, I press the button, then I try to draw on the color and it does nothing really. The colors still blend, I dont know what exactly is suppose to be going on I though they were suppose to be darkening once I tried to dry the watercolor brush.

please help me...
    Hi AlstonA,

If you want to keep Digital Watercolor wet and editable using other Digital Watercolor brush variants, don't use the Dry Digital Watercolor command.

If you no longer need to keep the DWC paint wet in order to edit it with other DWC brush variants, go ahead and use the Dry Digital Watercolor command, but remember, it's not reversible. If you might want to reverse the command, be sure you save the image in RIFF format before drying the DWC paint. Then, the worst that may happen is you'll need to open the saved RIFF file and continue from there.

There are other things that happen when the DWC paint remains wet and when the DWC paint has been dried. For instance, when the DWC paint has been dried, and you paint over the existing DWC paint, even with a DWC brush variant that would normally blend into the wet paint, instead it will not blend and will make underlying color darker.

I strongly suggest you set aside a good chunk of time to experiment and find out what happens. It won't take many days or weeks before you have a good idea of how to use and control your Digital Watercolor painting.

Make it fun! It's much easier to learn when you're relaxed. ;o)

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1