Sketchbook: Vielmond's Silly Sketches (December 1st) - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the advise! I'll follow it as if it was an universal law, also I might upload my progress soon. On the side note, I enjoyed the last post, the black and white girl, she looks interesting.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zero_Insane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I swear, I'm alive! I entered another nightmarish period, full of work and of scarce rest and fun.

I've got a SKETCHBOOK this week! It's my first one, can you believe it?

The pages thickness is kinda ok, the best I managed to find, but it's canson paper and I really hate hate HATE their texture. I like better soft and almost-slippery layout paper.

I've been using a 4B/2B mechanincal pencil - the HB ones there are really hard and scratch easily - and I start the skecth using blue graphite then change, since when I've tried with the common one it got ugly and really dirty. Any tips to avoid the mess and render the pieces properly?

There goes the first pages, I've not seriously draw in paper for years, so there are studies from refs and even from other illustrators works while I get used to it (well, some of my original work leaked into these pages, shhhh, let's pretend no one saw it).

Name:  img001.png
Views: 971
Size:  581.6 KB
    Name:  img002.png
Views: 974
Size:  988.5 KB
    Name:  img003.png
Views: 974
Size:  974.1 KB

More studies and tests of rendering.
    Name:  img004.png
Views: 905
Size:  1,017.1 KB

Now, digital work!
    A retouch, her eyes were really bothering me, now they only suck!
    Name:  ankou_rev.png
Views: 962
Size:  308.9 KB

Enviroment for a personal project
    Name:  the_crossing_concept.png
Views: 960
Size:  1.30 MB

WIP, trying to figure out this one, it's supposed to be a city hidden by a waterfall. The first idea really sucks, I guess I'm going for something along the second one.
    Name:  hidden_city_idea01.png
Views: 925
Size:  523.5 KBName:  hidden_city_idea02.png
Views: 911
Size:  528.7 KB

Other WIPs that have been sitting on my HD for some time. Messy, too much erasing and redrawing while thinking.
    Name:  lavie_WIP02.png
Views: 904
Size:  820.1 KB
    Name:  treeoflife_sketch.png
Views: 902
Size:  430.0 KB

Last edited by Vielmond; May 28th, 2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Last sketchbook page scan update!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vielmond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really small update. I started this one with no idea at all of what I would do, I only wanted to visualize her boring face in details. I'm rather pleased with the fact I've overcame some dead ends there, but... I'm utterly bored. Wtf is wrong with me?

The colors are out of my confort zone (as many other things), but I don't like the result. I like cool highlights and hot shadows, but I'm doing it wrong, I guess. Also, it's so polished, ugh. I may finish it when with more free time, I'm well past the worst part anyway.

Name:  mitzi_WIP.png
Views: 883
Size:  493.7 KB

Besides this I'm still filling some sketchbook pages. I'm trying to absorb knowledge from the "Drawing Dynamic Hands" by Burne Hogarth, but I feel it's kinda pointless. I'm looking for something more structural and less... bumpy.

Oh, I've also made a tutorial explaining how to treat a scanned image and extract the lineart but I don't think it's interesting for people there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vielmond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have some really stylistic and beautiful work in here, mate! My one suggestion for now would be to really push the perspective and angles of your faces, try doing some more 3/4 and profile shots! Other than that, looks excellent, keep it up!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LePush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing thread!!...Very inspirational...
    Keep posting and I will keep viewing .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JuiceHS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @LePush If there is a angle I'm most confortable with when drawing faces it's the 3/4 angle, haha. To push myself a bit I've been trying to paint frontal or almost frontal faces since I'm blind to certain angles. The result is usually a distorted face and mild pain to be able to see and align it.

I don't want to push myself too hard with faces and lose the focus - I study many things in each illustration - so I'm not going for audacious face angles for now. I have to yet to learn to do plausible limbs and some degree of body in perspective, I've painted already too many faces while neglecting the body.

--
    Now the updates. Don't be scared with the amount of WIP, I like to sketch ideas and save them for later after studing something I know I'm going to have a hard time painting.

First, sketchbook pages. I've finished filling the last one from my previous post and updated it.

Here goes more hands and feet (I wanted to fill a page with hands and other with feet but I was having a hard time finding feet shots).

I already feel a really timid improvement of my hands, but feet are alien to me, I still have to figure out a good way to structure them. Once I saw an amazing post here at CA sketchbooks, it had a clever way to structure both hands and feet that I wanted to try, but... I'm retarded, I didn't bookmark it. I can't find it again!
    Name:  img005.png
Views: 825
Size:  939.5 KB

A little break because I have too many things to learn yet. Drapery, hair, rocks... etc. Posting unfinished pages is a good way to show what I'm studying at the moment and who knows, get some guidance, but does having half-blank pages annoy you?

Here they go, then I'm going back to hands e feet and to get started with arms and legs.
    Name:  img006.png
Views: 787
Size:  1.09 MB
    Name:  img007.png
Views: 777
Size:  903.1 KB

--
    Weekend fun. First a small update, I'm getting more happy with this one now. Can you see where I'm going to apply my previous studies? ;D
    Name:  mitzi_WIP2.png
Views: 816
Size:  409.3 KB

Objective 1: Start to pratice hair. 2: Pratice a similar color palette of the previous one. 3: Discover her fucking face. She's a protagonist and so far I've been avoiding to draw her (I won't dare to sketch the male protagonists yet!). It took 4 attempts! Oh, yes, the light doesn't make sense, oops.
    Name:  pan_v4.png
Views: 814
Size:  1.02 MB

One of the failed attempts. I'm really bad at drawing faces using this angle.
    Name:  pan_v22.png
Views: 809
Size:  366.8 KB

A roughie, vizualizating some ideas for a kind of "alternative dimension". It lacks creativity, doesn't it? P.s.: HAH, she's a fucking dwarf there!
    Name:  the_descent_2v2.png
Views: 808
Size:  907.4 KB

I need some pratice in weapons. Yay, WIP in it's initial stage. The idea is to do a bunch of "musical" weapons, swords and other weird things.
    Name:  WIP_concept_ashaninka_weapons.png
Views: 786
Size:  182.5 KB

Another WIP. The idea is a pale and somehow glowing seashore, it's peaceful and there are ruins in the background... But it's looking kinda boring instead.
    Name:  WIP_thyse_northen_shore.png
Views: 799
Size:  565.5 KB

Oh, another WIP I've found, I'm playing her on a RPG. It's waiting the end of my limbs study so I can give some cool pose to her. Now it's only a floating face (do you recognize her? ;D).
    Name:  nymia_prev.png
Views: 780
Size:  142.7 KB

Last edited by Vielmond; June 1st, 2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: I've filled the last sketchbook pages.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice work .....your girls are smexy and beautiful!!
    cheers

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Xcarbon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love how the girl of your alternate dimension glows in the front but not in the back
    great sketches.

I really look forward to your seashore-wip being taken further. looks lovely already, thought i'm most interested in how the water will look, because at the moment it looks like you barely sketched it out

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flügel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys!

@Flügel Yup, it's only sketched, I'm curious about how the water is going to look like too, hahaha! I've changed it's colors three times, I think, and there were many rocks on it that I ended erasing for now. My greatest concern is being able to give depth to the sea.

--
    Updates from this week. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to draw things this weekend and work more on my last WIPs. ;|

I've managed to fill up the pages I've posted last weeked, the ones from my real sketchbook. So, I've updated the last post. No new pages for now.

First, I've decided to test this "thumbnail thing" for the shore, haha. Surely takes less time to check out some compositions.

Not sure if I should really add this ruin bit, it's going to be kinda distracting and breaks the flow.
    Name:  thyse_shore_thumb.png
Views: 741
Size:  86.3 KB

Now... It's funny, I said I wouldn't dare to sketch a male yet, but I've found an old and forgotten WIP and felt... so... tempted. So I reworked it and did others. They're just floating heads with awful necks (note to self: Focus on male necks).
    Name:  eibhir_concept.png
Views: 739
Size:  506.1 KB
    Name:  arkhan_concept.png
Views: 748
Size:  664.6 KB

The first guy father, it's a wip and I think I'm going to take it a bit further than just a head. I've never dared to draw him before, wrinkles confuses my damaged brain, hah.
    Name:  eibhir_father.png
Views: 744
Size:  414.6 KB

I'm trying to find a more confortable way to draw using a tablet, my digital sketches are usually awkward, I feel more confortable sketching in paper. Here I've tried to use a solid background and the brush with blending. It kept the strenght but it sucks for painting.
    Name:  sketch_lizard.png
Views: 726
Size:  389.9 KB

I've grabbed an old WIP and tried again, using blue and retracing later. It may not work for every piece, the lines lose their strenght and movement.
    Name:  platina_WIP_steps.png
Views: 728
Size:  611.9 KB

Some fixing, this is how it would more or less look like if finished.
    Name:  platina_WIP.png
Views: 729
Size:  541.3 KB

Then... decided to go a little further with this piece and now I'm fucked. I suck at foreshortening, dynamic poses and I'm almost as bad with drapery. I know about the arms, I would fix them, the problem are the legs and the dress, they're awkward. T_T
    Name:  platina_WIP_awkward_poses.png
Views: 734
Size:  960.8 KB

Ber outfit is more accurate in the second option, but then she becomes a blob.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Le quick follow up (it's a thumb, I didn't dare to play with the full version yet)... Surely looks more interesting now, but it doesn't look like if she's curved, but crouching/sitting. I'm almost happy because even with it's flaws I'm daring to paint it, I'm so... uhm, fearful? When it comes to dynamic poses, characters inserted in environments and such things.

I still have to figure out how to make the city below, it should be a city in fire, but shouldn't be too distracting.
    Name:  platina_WIP_awkward_pose2.png
Views: 710
Size:  483.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This week's update is small, no time to draw personal things and of course I can't show my freelanced work - only after the release, that may take place years from now... =.='

So, more sketchbook pages. I'm starting to feel more confident about drawing hands and even feet (a little, hahah). I'm not "better" or "accurate" yet, but, still, I'm happy. I'm starting going up these damn limbs to get used to their shapes.
    The funny thing is that drawing hands is a huge stress reliever for me!
    Name:  img008.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  495.9 KB

And some random doodles, earlier concepts for a creature I might use on the project I'm brewing. I always switch subjects when studying, to keep my mind sane.
    Name:  img009.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  295.6 KB

Oh, quite-unrelated-to-art fun time:
    Name:  samples.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  372.4 KB
    It's a "rune" alphabet. It's still an early version and it's loosely based on the Yiddish one, which is so beautiful!

Now...
    I still have no idea of how proceed in this one, the feedback I've received wasn't that useful. Things like "this is wrong, that is wrong" aren't really helpful, I already know this and would draw them right from the start if I knew how. *sigh* F*cking drapery...
    Obs: It's a thumb, I'm only going to work on a HQ version after figuring how to deal with the foreshortening problems.
    Name:  platina_thumb_03.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  66.2 KB

Here goes some different angles with minor variations that I've sketched to explain the pose to some people:
    Name:  platina_poses_angles.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  82.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really enjoy your style man keep it up!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Arteast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah realy cool in here, you are getting better and better with the lighting. Here for exemple => http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...9&d=1337701523 the diffuse light on her face look just great ! you realy want to put a black veil over it ? /O/

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Orkimede For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Arteast
    Thank you! I'm really trying to break away from my limits.
    Observation: it should be "woman keep it up ", teeehe.

@Orkimede
    I love little details and faces. This character isn't supposed to go around showing her face everywhere, so I must force myself to cover it... It's painful! ò.o'

----
    Insignificant Update:

I've filled the other page... Fungly.
    Name:  img010.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  360.6 KB

A really quick & half-assed single-layer study from life. 10-15min.
    Name:  stilllife_hourglass.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  87.1 KB

Do you guys remember this shameful piece of crap that I've discared?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vielmond View Post

I'm going to try again, finally. I need some time, a bit more of RAM patience since I'm trying to do it with a print quality (any tips about resolution, bleeding etc?) and to take a photo for ref. Stupid half-assed planning/coloring test:
    Name:  juno_poster.png
Views: 625
Size:  465.7 KB

It can be said that I'm toying with many crazy ideas for the next year.
    Here goes a a crude technical test, I've never made any comics and I have no idea of how port my style into this kind of work.
    (obs: yes, I turned around her mouth by accident, hahahaha, I suck!)
    Name:  fake_page.png
Views: 607
Size:  211.1 KB

Last edited by Vielmond; June 13th, 2012 at 01:43 PM.

Beautiful work i think you have womens faces nailed down. 4 star only ? This should be 5 going vote now. Looking forward to more to come.

Edit. Just voted 5 star bought your stars up from 4 to 5 with my vote. Misson accomplished

25. The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's some mighty work in here! Where'd you get your training? Books? If so, which ones?

Light Shines best in the Dark.

Deviant Art Account

27. The Following User Says Thank You to SycrosD4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love the variety in your work

are you aware that your username in german means "manymoon"?

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    comics are actually really fun. Force you to do all sorts of stuff, forces consistency and you have to consider some new things when trying them. Especially simplicity. Since do a few pages full quality and see how long it takes. and it's a narrative instead of random pictures.

I'd be interested to see what you can crank out though. Not enough comics around here. You can learn just from watching other people learn lol

31. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, guys!!

@Mitze
    What, does my SB have any rating? I never noticed, I didn't expect it, and I'm already happy with a 4-stars. Now, 5-stars... Wow, thank you very much! It's this kind of support that makes me to wish to improve more and more, so I can become worthy it!

@SycrosD4
    I like to read books sometimes, but they don't actually work for me. I only learn to draw something when I find a confortable way to "structure". You can see this by looking at the first hands I've sketched on my real-life sketchbook and the later ones.

I hadn't a structure at mind at the first ones, spent too much time, was relying on (a bad) shading too because they didn't look quite right and solid. The same thing is valid for the feet.

Now, this structure I can find on books... or other artists works. I love to stalk people's SBs here, to see how they study, how they structure their character's anatomy, etc. You learn a lot looking at other people's works. Then, having this knowledge I try to draw from life until my hand fall off, to get used to the shape. When feeling confident enough I start to pull some gestures from imagination.

I would take classes too if I could find good ones where I live. :<

@Infinit
    Vielmond is my last name. I think it came from a misspelt "Vieux Monde" which means "Old World" in french. The french portion of my name is "Le Brun de Vielmond (Vieux Monde)", something like "brunette/brown from the old world".

It's curious that it became something that can be actually translated in another language. Hmm... "brunette from many moon"? Hahaha, sounds cool too!

@JFierce
    I know, right! I'm the pr0-lurker there, I love to watch how other artists work and study to absorb their knowledge. And yeah, one of the points of doing a comic is to work with something I'm not used to, and work out how to tell a story using images and such.

I'm not going to start it immediately, I'm gathering the necessary knowledge first, but I'm definitely going to give it a try!

--
    A wild way-too-busy week appears! Sorry, only two pages from my sketchbook by now. I have to keep up with my average new page each 2.3 days, and I wish to increase to 1page/day. If I only had time... ò.o'

Let's see if I can work a bit more on one of my WIPs this weekend.

A bigger break from anatomy studies to try to render some elements... + profiles, I'm really bad at profiles. Sorry, these pages are so messy, and the thing I liked most, the door (lol!) got blurry on the scan. I don't own a moleskine. xD
    Name:  img011.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  481.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i get the impression you're really hard on yourself. your work is beautiful and i get inspired each time i come here, which is worth keeping in mind even if your work doesn't reach your own expectations.
    nice idea using the pale colour sketches before outlining it with pencil, i might try that. your anatomy is much better than mine, and any pointers i would much appreciate

34. The Following User Says Thank You to aks9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have some really nice stuff here mate id keep it up for sure, as for you being your own hardest critic that's fairly normal with everyone its also a great thing because it can be a great motivator if looked at in the right light. As for personal critiques im also a artistic nooby (probably more so than yourself) so ill offer critiques from what iv noticed mainly that it seems your alittle hesitant to go really dark with some of your colors and shading try doing a dark piece with some really interesting lighting maybe you will like it (plus it might help with those earlier shading problems you commented on). Im glad im not the only one that cant find live classes where I live it seems like small towns are a beginner artists nightmare for that sort of thing.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to grimfeather For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    0w0 so inspirational

love your traditional stuff D:

38. The Following User Says Thank You to telohs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful. I love your studies and sketches. They look so crisp and precise.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to habrok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @aks9
    I'm glad I'm able to somehow inspire you. I think the main tip I can give is to draw, draw and draw more! But be careful or you may end with some pain in your hand like me, lol.

You must try to understand how the body works, not only copy your references. When you discover a confortable way to sketch the first lines, the "skeleton" of what you're going to draw things start to move faster and smoother.

@telohs
    Thanks! I'm happy my silly doodles serves to any purpose, heheh.

@habrok
    I'm quite surprised. My traditional stuff, good? Precise? Nooo way! I always feel so lost, and I have yet to learn how to sketch as I wished, I look at my sketches and think of how brute and shadeless they look.

@grimfeather
    If you're suggesting to just throw more black my illustrations to make them darker the answer is no. I refuse to do it, shadows in fact are colorful, they're not lower values from the same color, doing them with just more black would only get them dirtier.

Now, if you're suggesting to do shaper shadows I agree, I have yet to play with this. I won't right now, it's on the list but the "dark pieces" time has already passed, I'm going to revisit it and play with sharper shadows whn I feel like, heheh.

And I don't live on a small town, what only makes things worse. I can find a plenty of classes for starters, they're common (and many of them are just bad). But something that goes deeper about anatomy? Nope.

I went to university, doing design, but there I had to took some life drawing classes. Oh my god, all the teacher ever allowed we to do were quick 15-30s gesture drawings. He never spoke of anatomy and always left the class alone, he literally went away and only came back at the end, the model was in charge of the time and changing poses, lol. It happened a whole semester... *facepalm*

---
    I think I should stop wasting time with useless things, haha. I'm right-handed, and while I've been feeling some amount of pain on this hand half of my left hand has been always a bit numb. Ugh... I may take easy on my work/study while I wait for the consult I've scheduled to check these problems. There goes my lastest pages, I'm really ashamed of them. ^^'

I was training movement and elements when... Korra happened. Sorry! Then i decided to figure out some faces...
    Name:  img012.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  477.3 KB

Feeling guilty I've trained a bit of "foreshortening" on faces, I'm really bad at them. The second page is an attempt to draw the same character in different ages and situation, but I'm not liking her look.
    Name:  img013.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  483.9 KB

Applied the changes from the color thumb and tried to figure out the sea. I know the sea color doesn't make sense... But I still want a white sky. *sigh*
    Oh, I may move the girl a bit to recover some of the visual flow.
    Name:  thyse_shore_WIP.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  273.6 KB

Doodle to don't let an idea I had to outfit be forgotten. I know it's plain bad and messy, and I guess only I am able to understand it by now. The idea is to mix "holy" cloth elements with witch-like ones. Her main color is, supposedly purple-blue, but I always end slipping to brown when working with feathers. :<
    Name:  ankou_outfit_prev.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  252.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow this book is ace!
    totally liking all your character designs!

my tumblr.

my sketchbook! <- sketchbook, drop me a critque!

43. The Following User Says Thank You to gen5 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really nice sketches, also i like your use of colors alot!
    the last character looks nice, i kinda like the awkward pose, but her arm feels a little short right now.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like you cause you're not lazy like me.
    Are you still using SAI or are these with PS? The rough brush strokes are all in PS? At what point do you switch from one to the other? (I am really lazy when I have to switch back and forth, do you do it a lot for one picture?)
    I should have something to critique you with and yet I ask you for tips hahaha I'm sorry. I can't find fault with your art though so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work, here. Great comps and choice of colors.

Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Veilmond! Last time we spoke you said you would be glad to help and give advise about a subject and well lately I've noticed I've been having problems with hands, feet, body proportion, and worst of all faces. Please reply whenever you have time and thanks beforehand! On the side note, I love how the little girl from post #93 is coming out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a hell of a late reply, I'm sorry about disappearing... I've been through many things these last months, a new job, a sinusitis that came back every month and the most serious, my father had a stroke. These months were a though time but finally everything is falling in place and I'm really happy.

Oh, and I just left my job, hahaha! I thought carefully and the pros were bigger than the cons. I'm going to focus on studies now so I'm able to get to the middle/end of 2013 with a better portfolio and fish better freelances. I'm not going to stay still only studying, people always come to me saying how they love my coloring and such. I'm far from great, but why not try a new thing and teach? I'm going to give some classes for fellow brazilians (because my english sucks!) and check out how it works.

Replies!
    First: Thanks for the messages and the support. I'm glad you like my work and I promise tho give my best so I can create things worthy of your kind words! I'm going the sketchbook of the people who requested, if you still around. :<

@Elciled I still use SAI. I usually switch when I need a serious color tweaking, to apply texture using different filters or use an elaborate brush. Since I use the same brush 99% of the time it doesn't happen often.

@Zero I'm rather awkward with proportions too. My feet and legs are the worst of all, and any kind of foreshortening confuses me. What I can say is that when I find a confortable initial structure to draw something all get easier. My hands aren't so crippled as before if I watch them. I usually do them like this now (sorry about the really half assed 30s doodles, I held my hand in air as model, not clever):
    Name:  handz.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  51.8 KB

1. A box for the palm. It's more or less easy to twist it, so it's helpful to stick with a box.
    2. Mark where the fingers are going to come out.
    3. Sticks for the fingers general direction and dots for joints. Use a line to align them when needed, to avoid lousy proportion errors.
    4. General outline of the fingers. Now it's time to think about foreshortening and other nightmares.
    5. Now you go on cleaning up and fixing.

Update
    Let me show some few things I've done meanwhile, not so much cool stuff since I passed like 2 months only working, but oh well, it's an update anyway!

Some of the things I've done at my job (which I just left hhaha). The best stuff, concept art-ish is the most recent and god knows when I'm going to be able to show them... (the people were draw by the previous illustrator, so were the trees assets on the maps)
    Name:  01.png
Views: 298
Size:  301.0 KBName:  02.png
Views: 294
Size:  333.3 KBName:  03.png
Views: 293
Size:  313.2 KB
    Name:  gunz_1.png
Views: 296
Size:  459.5 KBName:  gunz_2.png
Size:  171.6 KBName:  gunz_timelapse.gif
Views: 289
Size:  157.6 KBName:  lf_1.png
Views: 288
Size:  320.9 KBName:  lf_3.png
Size:  334.3 KBName:  lf2.png
Size:  281.0 KB

Old stuff from January, to a dead game of another company.
    Name:  [Concept_07_02]_Sophy_CLOSE_UP_v2.png
Views: 290
Size:  681.0 KBName:  [Concept_05_02]_pear_01.png
Size:  901.7 KBName:  [Concept_05_02]_sophy_02.png
Size:  1.18 MB

Some pages of my sketchbook, more studies. I really don't remember half of the sources anymore, I only know there is some cellar fcp stuff there.
    Name:  img018.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  168.0 KBName:  img017.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  225.9 KBName:  img016.jpg
Size:  230.6 KBName:  img015.jpg
Size:  251.6 KBName:  img014.jpg
Size:  201.9 KBName:  img019.jpg
Size:  210.3 KB

Misc studies and tests
    Name:  dawn.png
Views: 285
Size:  135.4 KBName:  desert.png
Size:  305.0 KBName:  spider.png
Views: 286
Size:  334.2 KB
    Name:  sea_ball.png
Views: 287
Size:  496.1 KBName:  sea_ball_timelapse.gif
Size:  348.2 KB
    Name:  enviro_th.png
Size:  292.4 KBName:  silhouettes.png
Views: 285
Size:  11.5 KB
    Name:  brush_test_2.png
Size:  362.2 KBName:  brush_test.png
Views: 283
Size:  403.9 KB
    Name:  vielmond_dragon_doodle.png
Views: 286
Size:  418.1 KB

A WIP I've been lazily fixing and playing with. Familiar?
    Name:  camilavielmond_juno_wip2.png
Size:  134.0 KB

Illustrations... The last one is a thanks for all the support I've been receiving, for crazy people who somehow like my work. It means a lot for me!
    Name:  _the_red_queen3.png
Views: 280
Size:  512.3 KB
    Name:  avis.png
Size:  275.6 KBName:  avis_hunter_linejoin.png
Size:  174.6 KBName:  unexpected_visitor.png
Size:  683.2 KBName:  timelapse_random.gif
Size:  523.5 KB