Sketchbook: Progression and Practice
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Progression and Practice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool Progression and Practice

Hello, I have decided to finally create an account and make a sketchbook so I can get better. Currently, I plan to go to Ringling for Computer Animation, but that's not going to happen until I get better at art first. Feedback/tips/"noticing what i'm doing wrong and telling me" is very much appreciated. I will also start by posting some drawings from the very beginning of my sketchbook first before the current ones.

Oh, and sorry about using the insert image thing instead of the manage attachments. It said the file was too big and I don't know how to make an image file smaller.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update

^Tried to do "dry brushing" but I don't think I was doing it correctly though.

By the way, does anybody happen to have a link to really good, easy to understand guide on what perspective lines are and how to use them?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Forgot to post a digital painting I did a while ago

And below is the ref.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update

^Tried using perspective lines for the above pic. Not sure if i'm using them right.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, to start, good choice in picking animation. ^_^ It's pretty much the best thing in the universe.
    So far I think animals are one of your biggest strengths. Your cats are cute as all get out- I like the little happy one, second from the bottom.
    Overall, your work gives the impression that your in a hurry to learn. Currently you've got lots of great quick studies.
    I think slowing down and doing some simple perspective exercises will help you a bunch. Sometimes 1 study where you take your time and think out problems can equal 12-15 quick studies.
    Draw some simple scenes using only cubes, cylinders, and cones. Take your time and work out the perspective of your scene. Practice drawing lines across the surface of cylinders and spheres.

In your latest post your perspective lines look like you have the basics down.

Good luck with Ringling, & happy sketching.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, to start, good choice in picking animation. ^_^ It's pretty much the best thing in the universe.
    So far I think animals are one of your biggest strengths. Your cats are cute as all get out- I like the little happy one, second from the bottom.
    Overall, your work gives the impression that your in a hurry to learn. Currently you've got lots of great quick studies.
    I think slowing down and doing some simple perspective exercises will help you a bunch. Sometimes 1 study where you take your time and think out problems can equal 12-15 quick studies.
    Draw some simple scenes using only cubes, cylinders, and cones. Take your time and work out the perspective of your scene. Practice drawing lines across the surface of cylinders and spheres.

In your latest post your perspective lines look like you have the basics down.

Good luck with Ringling, & happy sketching.
    I will try to slow down and work more on single sketches instead of trying to make a whole bunch of quick sketches and I will also try to draw geometric shapes from now on like you said. Thank you so much for the feedback, it is greatly appeciated.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.