Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
> Hey, my name is Mick Scott, and I want to draw for a living.
> I'm 17, and when I grow up I want to work on stuff like D&D, Pathfinder, and Magic because I play all those things! My plan is to draw every day until I get there. My favorite artists are Wayne Reynolds, Prometheus|ANJ, Clement Sauve, and Marko Djurdjevic. My largest inspirations are Algenpfleger and Robogabo and Dave Rapoza. I'm in my second year of college. I'm currently building a portfolio, and I'm going to start looking for work this spring.
> That's about it so here I go!
Last edited by Monsieur-Beefy; November 11th, 2013 at 08:27 PM.
yesterday and the day before
- Bridgman, Loomis, photos, and imagination pretty even mix
Great studies! Man, if youre only 16 and youre this good, I can see you reaching your dream!
- .... but today I just drew a stupid vampyre with terrible anatomy instead
@ Lemming-clone-: Yeah that's where I'm 'headed' tomorrow. Thanks!
- More heads today 2 photo 1 imagination... need to stop sinking in their foreheads like that..
Very cool stuff! Your Bridgman like studies are looking great.
@ Conniekat8 : Thanks
- Did about an hour of Loomis studies for basic construction... really painful and embarrassing so I won't show them. I think they helped though. I saw a 100% increase in speed today, and in addition I developed an ability to portray roughly human shaped skulls The third one has my all time favorite hairstyle, inspired by Alex Pascenko
- Today I drew Hobbes, tomorrow I'll draw Calvin. From imagination, except I referenced the flower pattern and the placement of the tiger stripes.
- Calvin! no refs
Damn, good stuff! you're making me want to work harder
click and crit
i like the way you draw arms
@ Zypherion : I'm glad!
@ will123will : Thanks
- Two studies from UFC...
... only changed small things.
Also fun seeing the younger crowd starting SB's with potential. Just keep em comin' looks good.
@ JFierce : Thanks.
- Just doodling. I don't like the first one.
@ lemming-clone- : Thanks!
- Today I worked on an entry for IDW 192.. The idea is that it is a very classic game controller, but it connects wirelessly to a display(like a monitor or TV) or VVD (virtual viewing device (goggles) ) wherein it then acts as a marketplace for games (like steam) and also the platform to play them. Unfortunately my drawing is poop-soup...
- Back on track... photo, photo, imagination. First guy looks like a girl. Third guy messed up on the jaw again.
Baaaah I need to draw more
- Beat portal again yesterday, and then again today
Really nice start to your sketchbook!
I really like your lines on some of your drawings, something I personally struggle with. Keep working on that anatomy, you'll be banging it out in no time.
Marko Djurdjevic kicks ass, by the way. Love his style.
@ Sopu : Thanks man, I sure hope so haha
I think I'll try IDW 193 as well, so here's a WIP
hey fellow artist!
Your a talented one, thats for sure. Great pictures of individual parts, but i'd like to see more complete portraits. You seem to have the right idea for each individual part, (i.e. the nose and eyes) but now focus on placing them in the right spot of the face.
I use to have the same issue, the nose either is too long, sits too close to the lips, the eyes dont fit in their sockets, etc etc... but keep focusing man! but never get down on yourself because you end up drawing a random mythical creature, because its suppose to be fun... RIGHT?
Now... as for me, time to draw haha keep posting, ill be around
"Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason."
Leonardo Da Vinci
La Super Duper Uber SG!!
@ Morte : Thank you! I totally agree
- More work on my image today.. I think the new pose is better (right??)
*some C&C would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any opinions*
- Whew.. I know it doesn't look like I did much today, but wow I'm learning stuff quickly right now.. Just discovered lasso tool and it's like halving my render times for stuff. Progress
Hey man, looking good! Thanks for dropping by in my sketchbook.
Good job on the anatomy stuff, the basics will go a long way (I'm still working on those, slowly x.x).
@ Kvenh : Thanks bro. I definitely look up to your stuff, so that means a lot
- Only got like 2 hours in today... still to do is arms and hands and neck and clothes.. I think I can finish in like 5 more hours but I've got homework and pre-release tomorrow