Results 1 to 30 of 240
Thread: monsieur-beefy, paint draw study
January 10th, 2012 #1
monsieur-beefy, paint draw study
> Hey, my name is Mick Scott, and I want to draw for a living.
> I'm 17, and when I grow up I want to work on stuff like D&D, Pathfinder, and Magic because I play all those things! My plan is to draw every day until I get there. My favorite artists are Wayne Reynolds, Prometheus|ANJ, Clement Sauve, and Marko Djurdjevic. My largest inspirations are Algenpfleger and Robogabo and Dave Rapoza. I'm in my second year of college. I'm currently building a portfolio, and I'm going to start looking for work this spring.
> That's about it so here I go!
Last edited by Monsieur-Beefy; November 11th, 2013 at 09:27 PM.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberJanuary 10th, 2012 #2
January 11th, 2012 #3
January 11th, 2012 #4
Great studies! Man, if youre only 16 and youre this good, I can see you reaching your dream!
The Following User Says Thank You to WRappiii For This Useful Post:
January 11th, 2012 #5
January 12th, 2012 #6
January 13th, 2012 #7
January 14th, 2012 #8
January 15th, 2012 #9
January 15th, 2012 #10
January 16th, 2012 #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Thanked 490 Times in 312 Posts
Very cool stuff! Your Bridgman like studies are looking great.
The Following User Says Thank You to Conniekat8 For This Useful Post:
January 16th, 2012 #12
@ Conniekat8 : Thanks
- Did about an hour of Loomis studies for basic construction... really painful and embarrassing so I won't show them. I think they helped though. I saw a 100% increase in speed today, and in addition I developed an ability to portray roughly human shaped skulls The third one has my all time favorite hairstyle, inspired by Alex Pascenko
January 18th, 2012 #13
January 18th, 2012 #14
January 18th, 2012 #15
Damn, good stuff! you're making me want to work harder
click and crit
The Following User Says Thank You to Zephyrion For This Useful Post:
January 18th, 2012 #16
i like the way you draw arms
The Following User Says Thank You to will123will For This Useful Post:
January 19th, 2012 #17
January 19th, 2012 #18
Also fun seeing the younger crowd starting SB's with potential. Just keep em comin' looks good.
The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:
January 20th, 2012 #19
January 21st, 2012 #20
January 21st, 2012 #21
@ lemming-clone- : Thanks!
- Today I worked on an entry for IDW 192.. The idea is that it is a very classic game controller, but it connects wirelessly to a display(like a monitor or TV) or VVD (virtual viewing device (goggles) ) wherein it then acts as a marketplace for games (like steam) and also the platform to play them. Unfortunately my drawing is poop-soup...
January 22nd, 2012 #22
January 24th, 2012 #23
January 24th, 2012 #24
Really nice start to your sketchbook!
I really like your lines on some of your drawings, something I personally struggle with. Keep working on that anatomy, you'll be banging it out in no time.
Marko Djurdjevic kicks ass, by the way. Love his style.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sopu For This Useful Post:
January 25th, 2012 #25
@ Sopu : Thanks man, I sure hope so haha
I think I'll try IDW 193 as well, so here's a WIP
January 25th, 2012 #26
hey fellow artist!
Your a talented one, thats for sure. Great pictures of individual parts, but i'd like to see more complete portraits. You seem to have the right idea for each individual part, (i.e. the nose and eyes) but now focus on placing them in the right spot of the face.
I use to have the same issue, the nose either is too long, sits too close to the lips, the eyes dont fit in their sockets, etc etc... but keep focusing man! but never get down on yourself because you end up drawing a random mythical creature, because its suppose to be fun... RIGHT?
Now... as for me, time to draw haha keep posting, ill be around
"Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason."
Leonardo Da Vinci
La Super Duper Uber SG!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Morte For This Useful Post:
January 25th, 2012 #27
January 26th, 2012 #28
- Whew.. I know it doesn't look like I did much today, but wow I'm learning stuff quickly right now.. Just discovered lasso tool and it's like halving my render times for stuff. Progress
January 27th, 2012 #29Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Thanked 239 Times in 130 Posts
Hey man, looking good! Thanks for dropping by in my sketchbook.
Good job on the anatomy stuff, the basics will go a long way (I'm still working on those, slowly x.x).
January 27th, 2012 #30
@ Kvenh : Thanks bro. I definitely look up to your stuff, so that means a lot
- Only got like 2 hours in today... still to do is arms and hands and neck and clothes.. I think I can finish in like 5 more hours but I've got homework and pre-release tomorrow