IOW #14 - Trojan Horse - Voting
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite Trojan Horse piece?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • grenogs

7 28.00%
  • tobzArt

18 72.00%

Thread: IOW #14 - Trojan Horse - Voting

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following

IOW #14 - Trojan Horse - Voting

Poll is now up! And my apologies to littlemonsters, but I didn't include you in the poll because you did not have a border around your image (please read the instructions carefully next time!).

Last edited by Andrew Sonea; January 10th, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

grenogs is offline im sparticus, no i'm Sparticus , no I'm Sparticus Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

trojan horse

Last minute rush again, lol

Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

grenogs is offline im sparticus, no i'm Sparticus , no I'm Sparticus Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its a pity this one didn't kick off. It was a simple brief and still open to interpretation. I'm guessing due to the hols, most people had other things to do. Though looking at past topics for IOW, and most weeks seem to be struggling for numbers compared to the other threads here. I can only imaging the idea of a fully finished image scares most people, thinking they have to put more work into it or its going to take much longer, which isn't often the case. Personally I think IOW is a great place to experiment with different styles, something the other threads like chow or cow don't really allow. Plus no 3/4 rule with illustration

voted for tobzart, apart from the fact that i had no other choice due to lack of numbers, but i do quit like the idea behind this, also the added facial expressions and hand jesters adds life to the characters. I'd like to have seen a warmer colour tone to the image, just to give it a more Mediterranean feel.
    littlemonster a lack of border? yeah i've also done that in the past, that can be a nightmare. i liked the angle on this, though as i mentioned before, i think you could have added some length to the legs, more horse like. Also some detail in the foreground could have been nice, to give that added effect of scale and perspective.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I, too voted for tobzart.

I really like grenogz's wip but the final has some weird effect on it, it kind of looks like a filter in PS but I'm not sure.

This WIP is the best, in my opinion. Beautiful lighting and composition in this piece.

Free for commissioned work

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MeteorCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks meteorcat, yeah i was planning to do a full detail illustration, with drunk people sleeping on floor and stuff, but time was running out, so instead of just scrapping it, i thought i'd try a bit of experimenting with a the colour dodge tool in photoshop. It was a risk of totally destroying it, with a possibility of no votes at all, but what the hell, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like the experimental quality to yours grenogs it's a shame it doesn't quite work on this piece but that effect is useful for rainy nighttime scenes.

I voted for tobzart too, I can imagine what they're saying, good composition, nice job.

I would love to join in sometime, just waiting for a topic that speaks to me. This weeks topic sounds interesting though, the wh*re of babylon, but the trouble is it's quite a specific topic and have no idea what goes on in revelations , I would have to do lots of reading and research which I don't have time to do atm, so maybe next time.

Last edited by Angel Intheuk; January 13th, 2012 at 06:35 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.