In God We Trust - Page 17

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Results 481 to 490 of 490

Thread: In God We Trust

  1. #481
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    1,167
    Thanks
    1,423
    Thanked 867 Times in 333 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tobbA View Post
    You can however be an extremely obnoxious atheist... But that's not the same thing as being an extreme atheist.
    You could just say asshole and cover everyone regardless of belief or non-belief.

    Jay's CA.org Sketchbook:
    Jay's Conceptart.org sketchbook

    Check out my portfolio:
    http://jasonrossart.carbonmade.com

    Check out my blog:
    http://mind2pixels.blogspot.com

    "Practice" DOES NOT make perfect...
    "Perfect Practice" makes perfect...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #482
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mölndal, Sweden
    Posts
    2,781
    Thanks
    2,381
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 833 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    This is what you're doing:
    Ok.

    In any case... The argument whether there is a god or not is a purely intellectual one. That can be answered farely simply. It's not any stranger than whether there are dinosaurs on the moon or whatever (i mean, have you actually seen the back of it? You don't know!) But the trying to convince others this is the correct way to think and actively trying to convince other people who are not interested in hearing your arguments make you rather obnoxious. I'm not saying it's even a bad thing, necessarily. But there are much more interesting things to do in my opinion. The whole "let's bash some christians because they're dumb" gets out of hand in many cases.

    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

    Sketchy Link

    Portfolio
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  4. #483
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Jet City Suburbs
    Posts
    3,511
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 120 Times in 60 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly Fell View Post
    Sorry, religion can't be whitewashed that way. Religion is a prime factor in many wars, and as a motive is probably responsible for more death than anything else in human history.
    And the "more death than anything in human history" was actually perpetrated by whom? The gubmints. Don't see you complaining about them? Elementary, selective logic. Angry at the tool, willful ignorance toward the hand that wields it.

    I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

    http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  5. #484
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Abyss, Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,922
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 737 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  6. #485
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Jet City Suburbs
    Posts
    3,511
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 120 Times in 60 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Sorry, hadn't read ahead, at the time of posting, to see you get absolutely schooled by multiple people.

    I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

    http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  7. #486
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Abyss, Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,922
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 737 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42 View Post
    Sorry, hadn't read ahead, at the time of posting, to see you get absolutely schooled by multiple people.
    Haha! I'm so educated now. Of all the comments in this thread, of all 'the wilful ignorance' on display, all the more complex arguments made for and against, and all the partisan points expressed you felt the need to turn up after the event and take 'pop' at me with this little conceit.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  8. #487
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Jet City Suburbs
    Posts
    3,511
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 120 Times in 60 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42 View Post
    Sorry, hadn't read ahead, at the time of posting,
    Not sure what part of this you missed..

    I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

    http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  9. #488
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Abyss, Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,922
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 737 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Oh I saw it, it was the coda which killed it: you know... me being 'schooled'... Anyway, I've left a spoon in the fork drawer and it needs sorting, so I'm off now.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  10. #489
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,751
    Thanks
    2,679
    Thanked 5,948 Times in 2,394 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42 View Post
    And the "more death than anything in human history" was actually perpetrated by whom? The gubmints. Don't see you complaining about them? Elementary, selective logic. Angry at the tool, willful ignorance toward the hand that wields it.
    Most governments until the last 100 years or so were religious in nature and their leaders claimed divine right from their god or claimed to be gods themselves to justify their rule and behaviour, so your argument really justs supports Aly's premise.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  11. #490
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Íslandinu hinu bláa
    Posts
    1,228
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 29 Times in 13 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Videos like the one OP posted make me very angry at the world in general. We live in a world so improbably to exist that its the only one we know of despite our best efforts. Why cant we just see the beauty in that and accept that the universe is an awesome place. People have to keep finding excuses for things like that and turn a blind eye/deaf ear to things contradicting their views. People take way too much time to push their views onto other people, they need new hobbies.

    I gotta admit, I stopped watching after the christian preacher woman said that slavery she wouldnt classify as immoral. And that homosexuality was worse than slavery. People like that fail the humanity test.

    I am happy to exist. Period.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook