Art: Isis Sousa 2012's comercial and personal works
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Isis Sousa 2012's comercial and personal works

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Isis Sousa 2012's comercial and personal works

I am starting a new thread for my works, as the previous one was getting too long!

"A Fantasy Portrait of Sir Isaac Newton"

Here is a Fantasy Portrait of Sir Isaac Newton, based specially on Godfrey Kneller paintings. He was the leading portrait painter in England during the late 17th and beginning of 18th century.

You can search more about him on Wikipedia. I think he made the best “Newtonian” portraits.

In this one I mixed the features he had painted with my own vision of this great personality, Sir Isaac. I tried to convey him in a slightly melancholic mood; you know, this melancholy that is pertinent to the geniuses/brilliant minds.

It was painted in Painter 12, with soft airbrush. The texturing on his jacket was given with a sponge… yeah, as simple as this!

Name:  SIR ISAAC NEWTON - by isis sousa.jpg
Views: 2052
Size:  263.0 KB

Marlsbeth Concepts

Last year, I closed my work calendar with some cool concept art for a book story. The book is called Marlsbeth (click on the name to visit the site), written Steve Sims.
    It is an epic adventure, taking place in a fantastic fantasy world. It is very complex and has a loooot of characters. So, if you like stories in line of LOTR, here is a tip!

You can see here the 5 characters I have painted, according to the author’s descriptions, hints and ideas. I had a huge help, once more, from this fantastic book: The Fantasy FigureArtist’s Reference File.

Name:  world of malrsbeth - concept art.jpg
Views: 2043
Size:  352.8 KB

Last edited by isissousa; January 5th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to isissousa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, fantastic work!! Your rendering is beautiful. I'd love to see some more bold hard shadows in your work, I think it would really help define the light sources and kick the whole thing up a notch!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlyH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, CarlyH! Thanks for checking and I am glad you liked it!

I can keep in mind what you said for the next paintings! Thanks for your suggestion!

In the case of the antasy characters on the chrart, this is not the final render.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That is an incredible amount of work on just the hair alone, looking forward to more updates, keep it up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Richie_Rich For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie_Rich View Post
    That is an incredible amount of work on just the hair alone, looking forward to more updates, keep it up.
    Hi Richie Rich! And I must ask if you are a fan of Michelangelo and Da Vinci, because your works are so beautiful. I love the way you sketch and your anatomy skills!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot Hdail Bchad And, welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great portrait isis ;-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to terpentcyril For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Isis is AMAZING! Seeing my work brought to life is something special...

The artwork she did is featured on the new website as well. www.marlsbeth.com

This project helped grab plenty of attention on Saturday, at my first book signing, at the Villages Renaissance Faire, which was a HUGE success! The full panel, and individuals she painted was featured on a 32" LCD at my booth. Check out the Marlsbeth facebook page for photos of , where the event took place! Other creative minds put me in the coolest booth to boot...

Isis is a brilliant artist, and person, and would recommend her services to all!

To the brave guardian the Advocate’s eyes fell. “Banion – you must move swiftly to assemble the alliance capable of infiltrating the very heart of the dark legion…”[/QUOTE]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HULKFish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Cyril Terpent: Hi man, thanks for checking! Looking forward to see more of your wonderful stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HULKFish View Post
    Isis is AMAZING! Seeing my work brought to life is something special...

The artwork she did is featured on the new website as well. www.marlsbeth.com

This project helped grab plenty of attention on Saturday, at my first book signing, at the Villages Renaissance Faire, which was a HUGE success! The full panel, and individuals she painted was featured on a 32" LCD at my booth. Check out the Marlsbeth facebook page for photos of , where the event took place! Other creative minds put me in the coolest booth to boot...

Isis is a brilliant artist, and person, and would recommend her services to all!
    Hi Steve! Thanks for all your kind words! I am having a lot of return/good feedback about this piece! A lot of poeple enjoyed it on Facebook and other galleries! These guys are a cool gang, and the readers will surely love them!

I am so glad your booth was a success! I am going to reply your e-mail today or tomorrow. Cheers and keep up with great Fantasy stories!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to isissousa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is an edit I did of Isis' beautiful panel! She added textures etc. on the panel, which isn't shown in her image above...

I used this to make a full HD size wallpaper!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    To the brave guardian the Advocate’s eyes fell. “Banion – you must move swiftly to assemble the alliance capable of infiltrating the very heart of the dark legion…”[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Eirik Leifdal

2012 - Personal work. He is an elf, character of mine, from a story I’ve been dreaming of. Hope I can write and publish it someday.

I had several references to build up his “facial map”.
    He is mainly based on a man in mid-forties, a girl in her mid-twenties, me, my husband, my mother-in-law and a friend!

I had NO reference for the hair, eyebrows or beard. The background is built from 3 photos. The sky is painted.

Painted with Painter 12: soft airbrush and a bit of sponge to texture his blouse.

Name:  eirik leifdal by isis sousa.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  185.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Moonlight Magic (ArtOrder Challenge)

This piece was developed for the ArtOrder Challenge "Evolution". It was given a short description for a character and we artists had to come up with an original concept for that one line description.

As I got to know about the Challenge very late, I hurried with my piece to meet the deadline, it was done in Low res, with Painter 12, my fav program and my old Wacom Intuos 3. I used 3 brushes: Fine soft air, oil blender and a sponge for texturing.

I had reference for the posing from a book called "Comic Artist`s photo reference - Women and girls" by Scalera.

It was fun and an enriching experience!

Name:  Lyssa-artorder-challenge-by-isis-sousa.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  371.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Witching Hour

Personal work, inspired on a dream I had couple of years ago. This piece will be featured on my art book, which will be published in a few months.

Painted with Painter 12. I used Photoshop to adjust the final colors and last details. I used reference for the perspective.

Hope you like it!

Name:  the witching hour by isis sousa-w.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  253.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lucrecia - The Return

Lucrecia is one of my own characters. She is a demonized, tormented poor soul.
    Her essence is good, but evil triumphs over her body when it’s full moon.

This piece is going to my personal art book, to be released in a few months!

I had references for the hands (the one under the bat is mine!), and for the body perspective.
    All painted with a single brush: soft airbrush in Painter 12 and a Wacom Intuos 3.

Name:  lucrecia-the return-by isis sousa-w.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  272.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Blood and Redemption

I always wanted to paint Biff Byford (Saxon) and always wanted to paint a Templar Knight.
    So I mixed these two wishes in this Fantasy painting: here is Biff, younger and like a valiant “crusader”! (It’s also an allusion to the classic album of the same name!)

This piece, which will also be featured in my art book, is called Blood and Redemption because this is something all the big religions have in common with WAR, according to my point of view.

Painted with Painter 12, soft airbrush, different blenders to make the colors mix smoothly and a bit of sponge to add texture overall.

References: I had two pics of Biff Byford to help me paint him properly and a technical drawing from the web, where I used as a guide for the clothing and sword of my knight. I also had a photo I took from the Sé cathedral in São Paulo, Brazil as base for the background.

You can see more about the process in this blog later on!

Name:  blood and redemption-by isis sousa-ia.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  280.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Albrecht Durer – The Infant

This painting was based on an original drawing made by this brilliant mind and artist of the Renaissance, Albrecht Durer.

Here you see him at the age of thirteen. I completed the original concept with some elements, like the feather, a different position for the hands and the lower part of his tunic.

I painted using airbrushes and texturing with sponges, on Painter 12. I created the color palette inspired on Durer’s own works. (The original concept was just lines – no color.)

And, last but not least, I didn’t want to be a “copy-cat”, so I made sure my painting technique was well distinguished from his.

This piece will be featured on my art book, coming in a few months!

Name:  Albrecht Durer - The infant - by isis sousa - w.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  238.5 KB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.