Brush size shortcut on swedish keyboard
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Brush size shortcut on swedish keyboard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Brush size shortcut on swedish keyboard

Is there anyone here that knows how to use the change brushsize shortcut in photoshop [ and ] on a sweedish keyboard? the problem is that we have additional letters in our alfabet and therefore the [ and ] buttons are not in the same place as on an english keyboard. on a swedish one you have to press Alt gr + 8 and 9 to type [ and ] and that doesnt work in photoshop...
    PLEASE help me i am going out of my mind having to change brushsize with the mouse.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    next & previous brush (I guess thats what [and ] do) is located on the "," and "." keys.. to the right of the m key. At least in PS 7, dont know about other versions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes i know about , and . but they are for scrolling trough the brush presets, what i am after i simply changing the size of the brush i am using without changing the brush itself. but now that i think about it, maby there is no shortcut for that, maby the [ and ] buttons do the same as , and . do on my swedish keyboard....
    perhaps someone with a english keyboard could tell me if [ and ] is for scrolling through brush presets or for changing brush size?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

On my (English) keyboard, [ is used to decrease brush size and ] is used to increase brush size.

. is used to active the Perspective Grid tool, and , doesn't seem to do anything.

If there are any keys we can use to scroll through the brush categories or brush variants, I'm not aware of them.

If anyone using an English keyboard can tell me, it would be great.

On your Swedish keyboard, can you hold down the Ctrl/Command+Shift+Alt/Option keys then drag to increase or decrease brush size?

If not, you may be able to place your cursor in the Property Bar's Size box and click the up or down arrow keys to increase or decrease brush size... or just type the number you want.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know it's 10 years late but hopefully this will help someone searching via Google. If you press <Ctrl> + <Shift> + <Alt> + <k> it will bring up the "Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus" window pane in Photoshop. Here you can set all your own keyboard shortcuts whether you're on an English, Swedish, or some other keyboard. I am using a Swedish keyboard and set <> to increase my brush size and <> to decrease my brush size (as the [ and ] are not direct characters on a Swedish keyboard).

Members who have read this thread: 2