IDW # 190 : Therapeutic Regeneration Tank - VOTING!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite entry in this round of IDW!

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dusk22a

1 7.69%
  • crossmirage

0 0%
  • SinnerMan

9 69.23%
  • DPFX

3 23.08%

Thread: IDW # 190 : Therapeutic Regeneration Tank - VOTING!

Pixie Trick is online now Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

IDW # 190 : Therapeutic Regeneration Tank - VOTING!

-----------------------------------
    IDW # 190 Topic: Therapeutic Regeneration Tank
    Deadline for voting: Friday, January 13

No voting for your own entries! I repeat, no voting for your own entries

Give critiques and comments, we're all here to learn from each other!

----------------------
    Original thread: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=233870

Name:  IDW Logo Poll.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  7.5 KB

Last edited by Pixie Trick; January 6th, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

IDW 190 Submission

I had wanted this to be a mix of organic metal bits, with a bit of steampunk flavor.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    The only way to kill manhaks is with a crowbar. 8)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Flotation therapy, oxygen therapy, a skin/tissue printer that doubles as a scanner, all in one fun package. The salt water can be substituted with perfluorocarbon to allow the cell printer to do repairs on the body while the patient rests. Research to produce a variant of this tank that allows partial liquid ventilation, which will benefit those with respiratory distress syndromes, is underway.

e: whoops, forgot my labels

Last edited by crossmirage; January 4th, 2012 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Recently our colonists have been complaining due to severe burns from the poor insulation some of their space suits have. We've addressed this problem with a field-ready regeneration tank capable of healing 4-5 subjects per hour with an improved fuel cell that can last up to 2 days in use. While in the medical bay, the tank can be hooked up to a central power source via the docking hub, which also grants us medical information regarding the subject."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SinnerMan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rejuvenation Tank

The afflicted is fitted with a breathing apparatus and placed in the chamber. The tank closes and the cavity is filled with a specially engineered gel that acts as a resource and conveyance medium for a swarm of healing nanites. Depending on the scope of the ailment, complete healing is achieved in one to four days.

My portfolio

Would you like to see my drawr-rings?

Will design for food, provided that we all agree that money is edible.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DPFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, I learned a lot stepping out of my comfort zone. I may have finally gotten over my fear of the pen tool in Photoshop.

I'm usually a creature guy, but maybe I'll still take a shot at some crits (because I'm very self-important)...

Dusk22a Really imaginative approach going the steampunk route. I think your basic design is solid, but I'm not getting a strong sense of cohesiveness. Also, the rendering on the ribbed ducts seems a little too loose. I really like the texture on the window.

Crossmirage Elegant, simple design. Nice curves. The detailing on the band across the figure's chest doesn't feel like it follows the perspective of the curve enough to me. The quick-render style works well everywhere except for the hasty-looking lines at the top right of the image.

SinnerMan My favorite design this round. I like the modular features. The wheeled support looks a bit flimsy to hold such weighty components. Your rendering has a mix of some really clean work (the fuel cell and the window, for examples) and the slightly sketchy. I find this just a hair jarring. There seems to be a slight perspective problem with the surface plane of the water compared to the ground as defined by the wheels. But, dang, that's a cool design!

DPFX The clean look you've achieved is TOO clean. I'm not sure your window is placed correctly. Not a very adventurous design. You could use a lot more details. Also, the light source on the little purple-y ports on the top of the lid doesn't agree with the rest of the piece...same with the window, now that I look at it. Aww...look at the little nanites. SOMEBODY must've gotten Sketchbook Pro for Christmas.

My portfolio

Would you like to see my drawr-rings?

Will design for food, provided that we all agree that money is edible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rejuvenation Tank

Really enjoyed this Activity of the week.

DPFX, thanks for the critique, and you were spot on with your reference to a lack of cohesion in my concept. I rushed key parts in the beginning (even though I know better) and didn't flesh out my intended direction. Actually that lack of cohesion is what strangled my whole design. Good critique, I appreciate it.

My turn to try my hand.

Crossmirage: Overall I like the design, and as I mentioned before I like the heavy aspect to it, it looks very sturdy and a solid piece of machinery. The mask and scanner is a nice idea. One big suggestion to make the piece even stronger. Some of the nice silhouette is lost from such a straight on view, maybe tilting the perspective and turning the tank 3/4 could add a more dynamic viewpoint while keeping the core design. Nice work!

SinnerMan: I love the colors and the human element. I like the way you've rendered the asset, and the thought that went into the docking hub and fuel cell. My only critique is on the wheels. With the weight of the human body and the liquid those wheel appear too small and lightweight to provide sturdy traction, maybe making them just a bit larger, or adding some sort of bracers? Overall I love this! Beautiful job.

DPFX: The digital readout is a great touch, as in the small porthole to help keep your claustrophobic friends sane. The soft interior is a neat idea, and the delivery of the nanites is a really cool touch. Some of the softness of your rendering of the asset detracts from the overall visual. You mentioned it was too clean and I think that's the biggest critique I have. I love the idea of nanites!

Dusk22a: You rushed, you should have worked out a more solid direction in the beginning, a more cohesive design, done your thumbnails, your rough sketch and then worked on the final.

The only way to kill manhaks is with a crowbar. 8)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dusk22a For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.