1. Draw more (haven't done any lately)
2. Paint more (since i learned how to paint better)
3. Gym (have been and still gonna try to continue if possible)
4. Write more
5. Read...no guarantee this will make it but its worth a shot
Finish a project that i can be proud of.
Survive the Apocalypse!
I just plan on relaxing and going with the flow.
I gotta learn to accurately execute those visions! Dammit
Lose 2 stone.
Be more frugal
Stop buying videogames.
Try to find out why I like drawing and should I continue.
for me its 3 hopefully manageable ones;
learn anatomy, update my sketchbook at least once a week, draw at least one hour per day.
For me it's:
- Learn Perspective
- Learn 'Form' and 'Gesture'
- Apply everything (and anything else) in hopes of being able to finally create a character/environment.
- Learn to paint (watercolor/gouache...maybe oil somewhere along the line)
-Update my SB everyday if possible.
- Make a portfolio geared toward industry I want to work in.
- Start filling my blog
-Learn to manage money (since I suck at it >_<)
- Find the 'Balance' w/in myself; as I got lost subconsciously somewhere along the road eons ago (not the good kind either) I want to set myself in order again. So, that I can be at peace with my mind, body and soul.
-Wake up earlier.
- Meet new people via outside world (Boo! Hisss! )/internet.
Let's give this a whirl, this should be fun!
Last edited by Monkabit; January 3rd, 2012 at 12:02 AM.
I'm keepin' it simple this year and going with the standard "Get into at least three street/bar fights."
1.Do better at school. This kinda translates to arse around less or at least when I do, try to make it useful or educating.
2.Eat more regularly, even if I don't have time (grab a sandwich) or don't feel hungry but know I haven't eaten in a while. With this in mind hopefully gain at least 5 kilos.
3.Pick up my tablet more often.
4.Abstain from making expressions that require lifting an eyebrow, makes me have a frown wrinkle and mean looking.
5.Stop abusing the snooze button and get up.
6.Go see my granny more.
Self-publish two books (Print-On-Demand + Digital):
- One, an art book, but not like necessarily finished art. It's going to be more like a collection of past sketches and doodles. I was looking at some of my old artwork while backing up some files and just thought to myself "Wow... I have enough of these things for a book, probably..." The hard part is trying to put all of this crap into a context of a book. I don't even really care if no one buys it or anything, I'm mostly doing this for myself. (If someone does buy it, I hope it inspires to let go of their creative insecurities, because at the end of the day there's really no point in being insecure about what you are doing.)
- Two, a finished comic book... I'm not exactly sure what... Either I build up a portfolio and collaborate with someone, hopefully or finish some of the ideas that I have or had.
- Find a new job where I'm able to get home before 7pm so I can go to life drawing and try out for a play.
- Go for a fitness walk at least once a week. Transition to running when it gets warmer.
- Create more finished art pieces than I did last year, including at least 2 traditional paintings.
I think I am in agreement with nearly everyone in here and that is to draw and work more. I think for me, I am going to make a real effort to push my personal art this year and work on colour and light and also try to get quicker at perspective work.
My short list:
Make a real effort to improve
Get out of the house more
Listen to more music
Also, one of my new 'resolutions' was to get back into interviewing other artists and posting them up on my Interview blog. Today, I did that, so that is one off of the list... just need to keep it going now. I don't want to hijack the thread so I won't post the link but you can find it in my signature is you wish to read some interviews with some really awesome artists.
So people, time to reflect on the year past. see if you fulfilled your resolution. And time to plan for 2013!
I can say that I didn't complete any of my resolutions.
I got stuck on my own art and book projects, wasted months waiting for companies/people, and in the end I had to cancel my agreements.
Didn't learn much in the way of new languages, and didn't do much in the way of exercise.
I did however do more travelling than ever before, which was well worth it!
I got and beat cancer this year. So I'm good.
My big goals that I am absolutely going to make happen:
Quit my job
Make an international move
Go back to school
Become full-time starving art student.
My goal is to live more efficiently. Just all these little gaps of doing nothing, try to push them together to form bigger gaps that I could actually use usefully. Less dilly-dallying.
Kind of a goal is to gain weight but can't make that a resolution since this just doesn't seem to be happening at all.
Also spend less money on random crap and save for bigger, better things.
On last year's resolutions it seems I sort of fulfilled the first, tried at second, kinda did the third though for different reasons than I had planned, not really improved on the fourth, hella failed the fifth and did see my granny more but there's room for improvement there as well.
Last edited by nofu; December 24th, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
David Wong wrote a pretty brutal article on Cracked not too long ago essentially about why nobody likes you. He ended it with this:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-...better-person/Originally Posted by David Wong
So on that note, by the end of 2013 I hope to be able to do a pull-up without a counterweight. There's my tangible, David Wong resolution.
My intangible resolution is being more normal. By that I mean getting back to a normal sleep pattern and eating regularly. Since going to university all of that has been completely knocked out by stress and I want to try and wrangle it back to normal.
Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!
Last edited by onionface; December 25th, 2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Check, Check, sorta check, Check!Draw more.
Finish a project that i can be proud of.
Survive the Apocalypse!
I did all my things from this year! So longer list for next year:
Double the drawing more.
Get decent at perspective
Do an 11 second club entry
Comics comics comics!
make more monies, (maybe even from arts)
Start art school.
Think i might cheat and do some perspective practice tonight ^^;
I am still resolute and still need make no resolution.
Everything I wanted to achieve, I have.
The journey continues...
My SketchBook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=139784
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=192127"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."-John Huston, Director
Paint more ( and bigger than A5)
Study way more
Less computer time
Restart Muay Thai and make sure not to get any more hip/knee injuries ( i have a pretty crappy body)
Beat RSI!!! ( if I continue to follow the above, it'll be a peace of cake)
Resolutions for 2013:
- finish my book o' comics
- rotate out everything in the porkfolio, send it out to more mainstream publishers
- build a larger inventory of traditional art
- go on at least one overnight bike tour
- continue to not starve, get divorced or go insane (totally on a roll for this one)
My sincere resolutions is below:
1)There will be a great leap in the upgradation of my painting skills. I expect I will be able to make that kind of artworks very well which demand on anatomy and perspective extremely strictly.
2)My overall knowledges, imagination and efficiency of making comics will be enhanced rapidly. PLEASE GIFT ME INVINCIBLE BRAIN STORMING!
3)More temporarily perplexed people to be sober and resistant of setting feet onto dirty paths in time.
4)Reduce some fat on my belly to get my abdominal muscles to rise to the surface again...
5)Teleportation of human body and private aircrafts becomes very popular in our life.
6)Be able to jump 7 meters high and run 200 km an hour! But I refuse to change my appearences to be weird mutant-like...