Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    very cool invention, nice work!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks! It was quite a project.

Last edited by BardiaK; June 26th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
    [url]http://gizmotweak.com/url]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toad1971 View Post
    I have an HD24 and I bought a Logitech G13 gamepad - it works fantastic. It has about 28 buttons that are fully programmable for your most frequently used shortcuts - plus has the ability to remember 4 unique sets of keys - say one setup for Photoshop, one for Painter, etc. You can switch between key sets with a single button push. It is very small so I have it on a small file cabinet the height of my desk just to my left (left hand on keyboard, right hand drawing). Imagine an L shaped desk. see attached pic.

Best of all you can program a single key on the gamepad to do multiple keys on a normal keyboard, so for example if you use Photoshop instead of using Control + or - to zoom in and out I simply push a single key on the gamepad to zoom in and a single key to zoom out. Highly recommended.

I keep a normal keyboard further back on my desk for occasional typing with two hands - at necessary times I'll just lean over and type - it's pain but I don't do it often when painting in Photoshop or Painter. For naming layers, etc I use the on-screen keyboard from the Cintiq drivers.
    I'm doing a similar thing. I'm using a Nostromos n52te game pad, and I velcroed it onto my 24HD so that it's a bit closer to me.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    -I often post from my phone; so please excuse the typos
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Syle View Post
    I'm doing a similar thing. I'm using a Nostromos n52te game pad, and I velcroed it onto my 24HD so that it's a bit closer to me.
    hey that's pretty cool, I don't think I would have done that with mine but it looks like it works well. The Logitech looks to be a little bigger. Any chance you could measure the bottom footprint length and tell me how much space it takes up on the Wacom (it looks like its sticking off a bit)? I would be curious to compare it to the footprint of the Logitech - maybe I would pick up the Belkin and try it. How do you like it - is it comfortable? I have a few extra keys on the Logitech but perhaps could get by with a few less.

Thanks.

Thanks
    hey toad,

the Nostromos measures 6-1/2" x 7-1/2" at it's widest/longest parts. I left mine hanging off of my cintiq a little bit so that I didn't obstruct the view of the monitor; I have my gamepad nestled right up next to the viewing area of the screen.

But, even with it hanging off the edge of the Cintiq, it's still rock solid due to the amount/quality of the velcro I used. It's also EXTREMELY ergonomic. I also still use the Cintiqs buttons/dials as well; especially the rotate feature.

With all this being said, only try this if you feel comfortable sticking some industrial velcro onto your $3000 Cintiq, haha...from my perspective, I am a hobbyist, so I will have this unit for the rest of my life, so it didn't bother me to do that.

Also, I am sure your Logitech is fine; go with what you're already used to. I'd guess that there isn't much difference between our two pads, and you could save yourself some $.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    -I often post from my phone; so please excuse the typos
    Sketchbook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 3