Art: "AAHHH!! my brother is an evil genius!"

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"AAHHH!! my brother is an evil genius!"

Hi guys. I've been seeing this forum for a long time but just now had the courage to post and say something.

Project created as a proposal to make a Sketchup class/workshop, where people would learn how to use SK and ways to use it with other software, for a CG school.

This image that started with this specific objective, evolved during the process to "let's-see-how-much-can-I-push-it" and trying to make it good enough to my portfolio, and then turn in it into a test subject to learn new stuff, but in the end it turn out to be an escape for me from a really tough year, my insomnia partner that made me forget everything around me.

It's a bit strange to have to "finish it", but even I started to see that I was losing too much time on it in details that, likely, few will be able to see and understand what is behind (thanks for the wake up call Mauro), but I think in reality I just did not want it to finish it.

Now it's time to move to the next project, later variants may appear more "epic" (according to my friend Mauro lolol), but this time making room for others to do their version

I hope you enjoy and thanks for watching and comment

Special thanks to João Ramalhete (for the support, advice and hugs ), Mauro Ferreira (by trying to show me that everything needs "Epicness"), and Pedro Pereira (for their help and patience to put up with me)

"But in the end the question is: can it do a bitchslap?"
    -Mauro Ferreira

you can see more images (High resolution) of the project below:

Best Regards

David

final image ~ 3600x2400 16bit tiff, Sketchup, 3DS Max, Vray, Photoshop

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. Love it. Great atmosphere, personality and a cool robot!

Oh, the lighting and rendering fit quite well. It has a cartoony outline, but I'm able to suspend disbelief for that.

Deviant art Site... techy-ben

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment Techy Ben. I didn't quite understand the cartonny outline (my english may be a little rusty , outline like drawn? ) but i think you mean it looks a bit like a cartoon right? I was aiming for a more realistic image in the render and try to based the robot design in something that exists (excavators) so that people could easily believe in the robot, but I may have not fully succeed on that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If there is no problem I think i will use this topic to post some more stuff of mine (so that i don't have to create a new topic for each image).

These next images are just personal work (wither done for myself, portfolio, or contests). In reality I'm an architect but i don't have much patience for the time needed to do the "real architecture" (buildings can take a lot a time just to finish all the drawings and then to start construction and is a lot of bureaucracy) so I started working on small agencys doing boths for expositions or stores and such, and everything moves a lot faster here (sometimes too fast...). In the meantime I always try to do some images/ideas i have in my head for other small projects/jobs of mine. In this personal projects I've always tried different stuff for fun and different renders for SK out there (mostly free ones like Kerkythea and indigo etc). Anyway hope you guys like

1- a different tape for my portfolio
    2- a "project recorder" based on old tape recorders
    3- A concept idea for a business card (the cards have 3 holes on them so that in back and front it looks like the robot was shoot)
    4- a very old (2007) contest I enter for designing a car (small, light, doesn't need big engines, and 2 seats in a row)

All C&C are welcome

Last edited by DacaD; January 7th, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Because this is not an architecture forum I'll just post some more conceptual work I've done.
    This has some time and is one of my last year projects in college: a bridge for trains and people
    The design of it is based on the unfolding of a carpet, and just like the carpet would bend in the curves, the roof bends too.

Hope you guys like it and I'll post more stuff later

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Funny coincidence, I do rendering work for an architect named David Rees Dias.

I like the Carpet bridge concept.

The picture is somewhat grainy (just how some pictures are) but the rendered robot is pretty smooth with solid colors. I didn't notice a cartoony outline though, maybe he was referring to the grease/dirt in the corners?

Only other issue with the robot composite is that it looks like the door would rip out that red light when it opens and closes, but that could just be my impression due to the angle of the image.

Keep up the good work though.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.