Bad Guys
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Bad Guys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Bad Guys

Well, I'm not completely satisfied of this work, I have to work hard about clothes.

These two guys are the same family! Demon and Angel brothers, that's weird isn't ? They control their own powers together (lightning and air).

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,374 Times in 3,595 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You might also want to watch the 'moobs' as they're perilously close to being female.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    There's way too much going on in this piece that isn't necessary at all. You definitely need to plan your composition better; what is it you're trying to convey and how would be the best way to do that?

Right now all I can look at is the blonde guy's hair and the dark guy's torso, the rest is a chaotic mess of value and detail. Remember that a good image is not only about the stuff you put in, but also very much about the stuff you leave out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lhune For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1. these guys scair the shit out of me, please get some reference for the mens faces, because they look like transvestites at atm. which is fine if thats what your painting. also i erge you to do some serious texture studies, get pictures of trousers on people to get your head around the forms, as they read as feathers or fur. also environment painting, you have no volumetric fog, everything looks flat, so i would advise some environment painting. all in all, i would say this is an extremly ambitious piece and really needs to be broken down and studied for a long old while.

Sketchbook
    Blog
    cts.sanders@googlemail.com
    Facebook

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like the proportions of the figures are off. The brunette's hands seem huge in comparison to his torso. His brother's lower body seems turned weird in relation to his upper body. And his head looks too big but that might be because of his glorious locks.

I like what you tried doing with the light shining off their pants, but the wrinkles need some work. The blossoms to the right look out of place but I think I like the background better than the characters.

"Afraid not of none of you cowards but of my own strength"

Gallery

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the main problem with the piece is that you advanced to the color and texture portion of the painting before locking down the composition, pose or anatomy.

This one might be a scratch and start over due to the enormous amounts of work needed to "fix" the many problems in the piece including...

The white haired character's overly long and broken neck.
    The dark haired character's MASSIVE hands.
    The stiff and awkward pose the two characters are holding.
    The tangents created by the cherry blossoms framing the body.
    The lack of believable lighting.
    The lack of believable atmospheric perspective.
    The lack of thought to the environment's composition or perspective.
    The white haired character's tiny left arm.
    ...to name a few things.

I know this will be hard to read, but I think this piece should be used as a learning experience and move on to the next one... or start it over and post many different images from concept thumbnails on so we can point out how to approach and what to look for when putting a piece like this together.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bai Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I draw men A LOT and I can tell right off the bat what's wrong here.
    The proportions are very off as what the others have stated. What's really throwing me off are the faces. Even handsome or men with effeminate faces still have masculinity to them.
    Examples:

Some pretty famous effeminate/handsome men right there. Observe their faces.

While your details are good, especially on the background, I have no idea what's going on here. You say the they're "bad guys" and yet I get no vibe of them actually being bad. Give their poses more personality.

Last edited by Taralen; January 1st, 2012 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Image too big so I removed.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.