Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle design

Thanks

Smile Vehicle design

Here is one of the previous assignment that I did when I studied in college, hope u all like it.

In concept design class, my lecturer showed a lot of references from The Art of Star Wars ( Episode I ) and briefed us using the same technic to design a futuristic vehicle. He also noted that the vehicle is an army transpotation and it looks huge.

Vehicle design

I came out with the first design (1) before end of the class. Of course lecturer didn't accepted but he liked the idea from the sea turtle, he asked me go home and develop another new version base on the same idea.

I try to find some images about sea turtle as my references and I began to draw out with another three designs (2-4). I shown to the lecturer In the critic section, but he rejected again and asked me keep on to develop based on the design (4). He suggested me that I should need more study from the references of The Art of Star Wars ( Episode I ), especially the design from one of the famous concept artist (Doug Chiang). So I went home and keep on studied and refined.

After came out a with the new design (5), I found out that the jet engine should changed to the aerofoil so the vechicle looked more combination, balancing and more organic. I experimented a new design (6) with two aerofoil and enlarged the overall size, the outcome looked good, then I tried to meet lecturer again for critique. Finally, he was content with my new design and allowed me to pass up in the comming lesson.

Vehicle design

Although lecturer was quite fond with the previous design, but I don't wanted the design of prow looked similar with the references that I rely, so I came out another design (7). I felt the vechicle size was too big and the overall looked hoariness, then I modified it (8) to be more high-tech and futuristic looked. At last, I felt satisfied with the final version and came out with some other views (8a) and details.

Well. that's all. Comments, critiques, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by BLTAN; June 3rd, 2004 at 05:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Superb! No critique!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Those are amazing! Period. I'd love to see the process for those, do you have any tutorials or can quide me to some. Wicked stuff man!

Thanks
    Incredible! I love the sense of size some of these have.

Thanks
    superb concepts man. I especially like your final design '8' and your first, nr '1' (neat perspective).

Thanks
    Firstly, I love them all. The process is great and it was worthed. The last one came through.

You are very dedicated, persistent and a perfectionist and you will go very far in your career. Please post more work.

An honest critique though:
    -it's very "feng", which is great but I think there is too many followers and we're seeing a lot of that. Maybe it's a good idea to try something totally different, for originality sake. Dont get me wrong, Feng is one of the "kings" in my opinion and I've been a fan for years.

-I assume the idea was not to make it "cartoonish" but I think the upper pair of "wings" is doing it on all of them(actually #4 and up). Personally, I would get rid of them and have just an aerodynamic surface or at least have only one in the middle.

Still, the last version is great, it looks fast yet soundless. Could be a transport ship or a fighter.

Great job, overall!

Thanks
    Excellent design!
    Sjajno!

Thanks
    :eek:

I'm so amazed man,especially by pics 4,5,7,and 8. Superb work!

Thanks
    -it's very "feng", which is great but I think there is too many followers and we're seeing a lot of that. Maybe it's a good idea to try something totally different, for originality sake. Dont get me wrong, Feng is one of the "kings" in my opinion and I've been a fan for years.
    what are you talking about, feng is a follower of this style, doug chiang came out doing this type of stuff before feng, syd mean before doug etc. this is a style taught by industrial designers.
    Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    very cool- well acheived concepts in an awsome style-
    i know alot of people would kill to be fluent in that much sort after rendering tecnique, you have done it well.

Thanks
    Great looking stuff. Love it.

I like 4 a lot. And then the final two designs (7&8) are very good references to your inspiration (sea turtle). Nice concept.

Thanks
    Wow, awesome markers, and good flow to the craft
    my gallery

Member: Team Insect Battle X-Treme ( scorpion squad, mutated monstrosity platoon)

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast