Sketchbook: Don's Drawing
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Don's Drawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Don's Drawing

Hi. I'm Don. I have been lurking around here for quite a while, reading tutorials and going through other artists sketchbook. I recently (three months ago) decided to start drawing. As you would undoubtedly notice, i like to repeat each drawing twice before i move on to the next one. I am currently going through Andrew Loomis's Figure Drawing For All Its Worth. Please excuse my printer, its really older.
    Nice to meet you all

Attached Images Attached Images                                            
    Last edited by donyusufahmed; December 23rd, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to ConceptArt.org then!
    It's definitely a good idea to get a solid start in studies and things like that. What got you interested in art?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you
    Anime. I am an engineering student but i would like to produce my own anime in the very near future.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh ok. Cool. I did, too back in the days of Gundam Wing. Used to draw Heero and Duo until like 3 am.
    Just remember to draw proportionately. I can't tell you how many years people would look at my figures with long legs and big eyes and ask 'did you used to draw anime?'
    SO.
    At any rate, we're watching.
    Cheers, mate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am drawing but i wouldn't say correctly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Am currently going through Vilippu's drawing manual and i like it much more than Loomis.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Example
    from
    http://www.oneniceday.com/Artwork/SamLast1.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You mad bro?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  3.png
Views: 59
Size:  142.6 KBName:  vil-1.png
Views: 54
Size:  171.0 KBName:  vil-2.png
Views: 53
Size:  224.5 KBName:  vil3.png
Views: 51
Size:  66.0 KBName:  vil-4.png
Views: 52
Size:  225.5 KBName:  vil5.png
Views: 51
Size:  276.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey nice studies! Good work sticking to your studies and practicing a lot. It's commendable and bound to pay off!

One thing I've noticed for doing a lot of master copies/studies for photographs is if you aren't applying the knowledge it's harder to grow. I'm studying the same things you are but my strategy is to do master copies and then go to a figure drawing workshop at least twice a week to apply the knowledge. Idk if it'll help you but I find that it's hard for information to really stick unless you have memories of it being helpful in the field. Also, if you have friends that like to draw too, drawing trips are amazingly fun and help you get better really fast. I knew a complete beginner who went out drawing from life six hours a week for 3 months (He wasn't doing master copies or putting in the effort you are) and his stuff looks like he's been drawing for at least two years now.

I'll subscribe to your thread. Looking forward to updates. Post some personal stuff too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Don! The studies are looking good. I think the best advice I was given was to draw from life and use Loomis books as a way to understand what you're seeing as you draw from life. I think that's what Momucat was getting at, and if it was, it's great advice! jetpack42's book 'Fundamentals of Drawing form Life' is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! He made it free for all of C.A. and I highly recommend learning everything in it: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...wing-From-Life . Good luck and welcome back!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Momucat View Post
    Hey nice studies! Good work sticking to your studies and practicing a lot. It's commendable and bound to pay off!

One thing I've noticed for doing a lot of master copies/studies for photographs is if you aren't applying the knowledge it's harder to grow. I'm studying the same things you are but my strategy is to do master copies and then go to a figure drawing workshop at least twice a week to apply the knowledge. Idk if it'll help you but I find that it's hard for information to really stick unless you have memories of it being helpful in the field. Also, if you have friends that like to draw too, drawing trips are amazingly fun and help you get better really fast. I knew a complete beginner who went out drawing from life six hours a week for 3 months (He wasn't doing master copies or putting in the effort you are) and his stuff looks like he's been drawing for at least two years now.

I'll subscribe to your thread. Looking forward to updates. Post some personal stuff too!
    Thanks for the advice. For my gesture drawing i am using pictures that i find on deviantart. Mostly from Marcus J. Ranum gallery. I'll try and do at least one life drawing everyday. I looked at your sketch book and its looking great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sknawt View Post
    Hey Don! The studies are looking good. I think the best advice I was given was to draw from life and use Loomis books as a way to understand what you're seeing as you draw from life. I think that's what Momucat was getting at, and if it was, it's great advice! jetpack42's book 'Fundamentals of Drawing form Life' is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! He made it free for all of C.A. and I highly recommend learning everything in it: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...wing-From-Life . Good luck and welcome back!
    Everyone i have spoken to have all said the same thing "draw from life." I tried using Loomis figure drawing for what its worth and i didnt really like it. I like Villpus methods better. I'll check out the book thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.