Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: A drawing of my brother...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A drawing of my brother...

First post.

Let's hope this drawing works! **Crosses fingers**

I really need to get myself an online image gallery. A friend of mine said she felt this was one of my better ones and I should go and post it here.

The drawing is of my brother, Jonathan. For art class we had to draw pictures of our siblings. My brother died shortly after birth and I asked my teacher what I could do. She told me to improvise. I took pictures of both my parnets and kind of meshed them together in a way.

He looks really innocent, doesn't he? For some reason or another his eyes freak some people out.

Last edited by Lady_Dernhelm; May 14th, 2004 at 01:19 PM.
    No matter how long the night, the day will come...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First off let me say sorry about your brother, I too know how that feels. The drawing is really nice because of two things, first it came from the heart, and secondly you use your imagination to create an image of what he would look like, that's making of an artist. Other than that I think it's a wonderful piece. I really don't like giving critques, because I'm still learning myself, maybe others in this wonderful forum will give you a better feedback. Keep bringing them artworks in here.

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im touched by the concept. As far as critique goes, The linework is pretty solid. The flesh tones are handled pretty well. The background and the other elements (armor, tree and so fourth) look like they were colored using crayolas.What was used to color these areas, colored pencils? I would just try and clean up my colors next time. Get a nice box of pastels or conte crayons. Anyway, nice picture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow I think your inspiration for this piece is truly unique... most people, in my humble and lowly opinion, draw to create a fantastical world or to express their feelings of this one. Yours was to fabricate a physical form for your brother who's existence was quite brief I really like the emotional intensity of his eyes, altough my only crit would be that his face was the only part that was truly focused on- i think his body deserves a bit more completion
    Anyway, keep doing your thing, I think you're a great addition to the CA community I hope to see more of your work

Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the tips. I colored it in Prisma color pencils. I guess part of it was the "grit" of the paper and the other part was having an evil scanner.

My coloring does need work, I'll admit. I'm still working on that.

Thanks for the kind words about Jonathan. He may have very well been guiding my hand in a way.

Thanks for being so honest about the drawing! :chug:

No matter how long the night, the day will come...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.