Thanks

favorite still life

Hey people, I was wondering what your guys favorite things to draw still life???

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    A basket of fruit would be my favorite. It turns out beautiful in color and in charcoal. Next to the basket of fruit would have to be the figure. Nothing is like the figure: so challenging but so rewarding.
    people like you find it easy
    naked to see
    walking on air

Thanks
    Yah i like the fruit basket too but sometimes its toooo boring, i like drawing the trucks of my skateboard. I havent tried life/figure drawing yet, toook a stab at my dog once or twice tho

Thanks
    I like drawing my knives/handguns and various other weapons. I Especially like drawing my hand holding one such object because you can draw the intereaction between your hand-which is soft and organic- and the weapon-which is hard and mechanical in nature-

Fruit baskets are insanely boring and suck the life right out of me... But still lifes like that are mega-important if you want to improve.

Figure drawing is definitely the best thing I've ever done in terms of pushing my improvement in all aspects of drawing... It's an excellent thing to have, especially if you can find a good teacher.

Thanks
    I like all kind of organic stuff to do because they're the easyest such as lemons, garlic, fruits of all kind, etc. But those combined with different textures, especially reflective like a coffee pot and translucent like a half empty bottle of glass makes it worth it. Pots, bowls and jars are good to do because it forces you to observe the curves and be bang-on the perspective. It's a challenge, but you don't get bored with so many different treatments in a single piece. Oh of course all that would have to sit on a randomly "folded" kind of cloth..