Character of the Week #272
Design a stalker
DEADLINE: TUESDAY 27th December 2011, 9PM GMT+1
Check your timezone!
Stalker is a profession to those who are very brave or very stupid. They are guides and explorers who wander through the extremely hazardous zones full of extremely dangerous anomalies (which defies laws of matter, gravity and such) and radioactive wastelands, searching for highly valuable artifacts of alien origin. These artifacts are odd shapes and objects with weird abilities and possess dangerous powers beyond comprehension. Stalkers who return from these zones alive or with few missing body parts should be satisfied with the trip, and stalkers who return alive with artifacts should concider themselves extremely lucky. They are also regarded as criminals, and they act through secret organizations where they trade their swag to higher authorities for a large sum of money. Many scientific corporations also have their "legal" stalkers who hunt these artifacts for scientific study and technological improvement, but usually all the tests and studies conducted on the artifacts results in horrible and bizarre accidents. Life expectancy for stalkers is very short, most die in their thirties from radiation poisoning or by stepping into an anomaly by accident
For more information on the subject see:
- Can be both female or male, but preferably male
- Theme and era is modern post-apocalyptic
- Pay extra attention to the character design, keep in mind everything said in the description and use it to convey the design
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#272_Username
(Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow270final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image
Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!