Hey gang, I was looking for your 2 cents as to which of these two monitors would be the superior candidate for a replacement monitor for digital painting in Photoshop and Painter. I'm a bit of a novice with the technology, but I've done enough research to whittle it down mostly between these two, based on my budget and the features I want. However, I am definitely open to what you guys have to suggest, even if that means a different product entirely.

Choice #1: http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop%...tors/pa231w-bk
-exceptionally reviewed for color accuracy, consistency and clarity, and NEC always builds durable quality monitors from what I have heard. Considering opting for the included Spectraview calibration software and colorimeter offer from a different site for $750. Could always go with a cheaper calibration product, but it sounds solid and many suggest it is worth the extra dough.

Choice #2: http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop%...itors/p241w-bk
-This would be the piece of resistance for my budget, but at $750 before calibration, it may be beyond my reach. However, if any veteran eyes spot a deal maker that puts this one in serious advantage over choice #1, please tell. Also, how does 96.7% coverage of Adobe RGB fair against 77% NTSC? I have read that CRTs rank in at about 70% NTSC, which had made them preferable over LCD for graphics intensive professionals for a while, but I don't know exactly where that is now, or opposed to Adobe RGB. I have read that the NTSC color space was "developed for the widest range of colors that can be represented to the human eye", so that sounds most comprehensive, however, if I'm mostly using Photoshop, high accuracy in their particular color space seems like an obvious must.

Please be kind, I realize I have a lot to learn about this stuff, and any comments would be greatly appreciated. Also, I apologize for filling the forums up with yet another thread about monitors, though I have been doing research and trying to narrow down my options for a while. I just wanted some specific guidance from someone who has been there before if they are willing to offer me their thoughts/experience. Thanks in advance.