Best Photo reference of the figure

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks

Best Photo reference of the figure

I have been in search of good photo reference my whole professional career, and never had true success finding it. So i created a huge reference guide for artists to help them learn to grow and get better. it is called PoseBook by silver It works on the iPad, iPhone and it is coming to the android real soon too

The purpose of this book is to provide you with images to inspire you. A book dedicated to help guide every artist, to learn about, construction, form, balance anatomy, proportion, folds in clothing, gesture, silhouettes, portraiture, lighting, hands, perspective, and contrast.

With the images in the Posebook, you can sketch for the fun of it. Learn how to draw humans from the side view, back view, understand how the head tilts, how a body sits, understand the angles of a foot. You can study and draw the back of an ear, the underside of a nostril, the bottom of a shoe. Whatever you feel you need to practice, this is your chance. Flip to any page and start sketching what inspires you.

I find that when I am struggling, or uninspired, what works for me is to find photos that look like fun to draw. So I set in motion the tools to create the pose book that I always wanted. With great dedication and passion, I bring to you a book to draw from, learn from, and have fun with. Don't feel that you need to copy the pose exactly, or use it to find just the right pose for a comic you are doing. Remember this book’s purpose is to provide you with inspiration. You can take it everywhere you go.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    might be useful but its 10$ and that might deter alot of people, seems like it might also be a problem on a basic iphone as the screens so small maybe ill look into it if If i have some spare cash some time.

Might i suggest a lite version to encourage people to get the full one

Thanks
    I'm worried that the screen is to small on my little android phone, can you do a video showing what it looks like on a smaller screen? Also possibly lowering the price to 5$? I'm sure for 5$ so many more people would buy it.

It looks really promising though and I'd love to have that to help me with my colour paintings. Having issue with that.

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

Thanks
    Hi Stephen,

Great idea for the Posebook app. I am glad there is an Android version as I now have a Kindle Fire. I just purchased the Female version. Thanks for making this available.

I hope to take your Character Design course at Schoolism later this year.

~John

John Garrett
    Illustrator-in-training

Members who have read this thread: 3