IOW #11: Flight to the Ford - Voting

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Which flight flew the fastest?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • SubwayDoodle

5 17.24%
  • Sean McClain

13 44.83%
  • Mhugo

15 51.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Thanks

Voting for Illustration of the Week #11 - Flight to the Ford

WIP thread can be found here.

Remember to include two WIPs no larger than 375 pixels in the longest dimension. Full size WIPs has to be posted in the WIP thread.

ADD BORDER.

Remember to use the attachment manager.

Deadline is Sunday 4th of December, 23:59 GMT

Last edited by Aksel; December 10th, 2011 at 09:33 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Here's mine...

Attached Images Attached Images      

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayDoodle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Very nice topic

Attached Images Attached Images        

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mhugo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Poll is up, merry voting!

Thanks
    I think the IOW section needs more love. Maybe if I offer my humble crit others will do the same.

SubwayDoodle I'm a fan of minimalistic work and I think that out of all the weekly activities on CA, IOW is the best place to do minimalistic stuff. However, I feel that your piece could have been even more minimal. Maybe try really cleaning up the edges of those silhouettes and have them stand out from the background more by increasing contrast and having the trees in one solid color only. The ground is a bit distracting for my taste, you could have incorporated foreground elements like branches or bushes in the lower half of your illustration instead. Also, you could have pushed the dynamism of you scene more, it's a chase after all. Keep working, I'd love to see more minimalistic stuff in here, maybe even something vector based.

Sean McClain I like the composition of your piece the best ouf of the three, very dynamic. There could have been a little more space to the left to really indicate that there is something the rider is looking for/at. I haven't read the books and can't quite remember the movie (shame on me, I know), but I feel that your piece lacks a bit of the narrative of a flight/chase scene, compared to the other illustrations. I think what you're missing is an indication of the person being chased. The silhouette in the back is too calm, if that is supposed to be that person. The pose of the horse in the foreground is great, maybe have the rider be a bit more tense or agressive as well.

Mhugo In your illustration, the narrative comes across better, but I think your composition could be improved a bit. For a flight/chase scene, maybe choose a more dynamic shot, something cinematic, from down below, with a tilted horizon/dutch angle. Try not "filming" dead on from the side but having the black riders and the white horse on different planes (foreground, middleground, background). Also, you could have shown the emotion (terror? relief? exhaustion?) on the face of the person more, if the camera was closer to him. I really like the horse in the left corner, great expression!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tetrodotoxin For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1