Sketchbook: Learning To Draw

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Learning To Draw

New to this website, I'd only drawn bad cartoons up until now. Learning "proper" drawing if there is such a thing, but nether the less improving. I'll try to accurately represent my usual skill but I have the tendency to spend hours doodling never making anything to be proud of. Here are some drawings I've made recently with some commentary, I don't quite know proper formatting for these posts but I'll just do it my way and date a couple of drawings with the time of posting starting with today. I really could use some critique I'd always been babied by DeviantArt and whoever I showed my drawings to in real life so please be harsh, every biting critique sends orgasmic waves of euphoria through my body so please don't be afraid to be harsh because through my perception it is the artistic equivalent of rough sex.

tl;dr: 13 year old who always drew crappy cartoons attempts to succeed at art.

Tell me if there is anything I should know about formatting that I've been doing wrong thanks

Last edited by SpiderBro; December 9th, 2011 at 08:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, welcome to Conceptart.org!

Ahhh, sorry, I forgot about that. It's a newer rule. My bad. I think they only check your first (or first few) posts.

Last edited by lemming-clone-; December 9th, 2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: I am dumb.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

12/9/11

Some pieces ranging from Doodles to Completed art to decent sketches.
    Learning To Draw
    2-D from the cover of the Gorillaz album Demon Days. I think this one is pretty decent overall, though the top could have used some work the paper went off the edge around there.
    Learning To Draw
    Learning To Draw
    These two are drawings of some very nice friends I met over the internet. I think the girl drawing is much better than the boy but both of them I see as really needing some improvement with the lighting and texture and whatnot.
    Learning To Draw
    Learning To Draw
    I'm a brony and while I've strayed from making a whole lot of Pony Art I'm really proud of these two drawings.

Tell me what you think, harsh or nice however you feel best B)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lemming-clone- View Post
    Well, welcome to Conceptart.org! Buuuuut, I can't see your drawings. Double check the attachment manager and your post. Let me know if you have any questions about it. I'll help ya aht.
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I tried to post them in a reply but it said something about moderators having to approve the post, will they always have to do that?

edit: Alright then, fair enough I'd want to catch spam-bots too.

edit 2: this is taking a while, sorry

Last edited by SpiderBro; December 9th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm new here too. I was trying to figure out how to inport pictures onto a new thread. I've just started drawing. I aksed my family how my drawings are and they said they are great. But, Ofcourse, You can nere trust your family with that kind of stuff. I would like real judgement. And tips? Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

12/10/11

Well the post hasn't been approved my the moderators yet so I will try to post in some other threads and come back and try my luck later. I'll probably edit this post to be my first group of images. This is a good site but not a fan of this spam sorting system

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.