Hey Conceptart.org. My pen name is Thadas Andarys and I am a 22 year old college student who likes to draw people. Never really had much art class. Been focused on getting my Associate's Degree. Originally, this was supposed to be just some practice with heads then it turned into well...this. It's something I want to color but needs a lot of work. I realize I made a lot of boo boos with not using reference but at least I might get it in a new drawing. Maybe I can salvage this? Don't know. I've identified a few things that most definitely need fixing but I need fresh eyes to analyze it. I did this little doodle waiting around in the lounge out of boredom after nearly four months of not drawing a thing.
THINGS THAT NEED FIXING:
1. The legs of Nate (the guy) and possibly the leg of Meridiana (the girl). Wish I had my anatomy books so I can add some definition, but that right leg is bothering me. I'd lower the knee, but I have some trouble with trying to get it to look right in sketch-overs.
2. A friend commented on her chest. He said "Why does she look like she has pecks?". Kind of hard to draw breasts when they are mostly masked, but has a very valid point.
3. Hands. I don't know why, but they always look...off to me. Think they need fixing? Anyway to make them look more natural?
4. Is it just me, or does Nate's face look Neanderthal-ish?
5. The feet are just little sketches mainly because I don't want to go into detail without having the preliminary sketch look right. Even with the sketch, they still don't look right.
Anything else needs fixing? Maybe fix Nate's eyebrows a bit? Add Meridiana's right hand to make it look like she's touching Nate's right pectoral muscles?
Alas, here is my doodle. Though I do love me some constructive criticism, do not let my feelings get in the way of your advice. I need it for this. I had a friend who promised to do a sketch-over of what needed fixing, but I haven't heard from him in a while, which makes me sad...