Art: Threadless!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Threadless!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Threadless!

Hey folks, I've decided (For the third time) to submit a design to Threadless.com to see if it'll make it on a T-Shirt. I call it stay down and I'd like to know what you all think. If you like it, you can vote for it to be made onto a tee here. What this really means to me though, is an learning exercise, an effort to grow as a designer and artist. Please, critique, amend, help, advise, ANYTHING. Cheers!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have too much red that it becomes displeasing to the eye to make out shapes and forms. And given that you are submitting your design to threadless in order to sell it, You should do more research before jumping into a design. Find out what people are buying or voting for and what people dislike and design according to what the demographic wants. I would also calm down with the paint splatter effect, i have looked at some of your other illustrations/designs and you seem to over use it.

Graphic design, Illustration, Photography. Australia.

LinkedIn

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would also take the text out. Most of the time, text is a bad idea, but there are exceptions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the concept, but i'm not sure that it fits with the rest of the threadless designs. There are other T-shirt sites that may suit it better.

I agree with the 'too much red' suggestion, Maybe you can switch some of the darker red areas to black. Or perhaps making the 'blood splashes' black it will hopefully still retain the energy and violence without being too violent.

Have you considered making the background of the T shirt a light skin color or yellow?

T-Shirt Designs are fun though so keep it up!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.