Best Laptop Displays

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Best Laptop Displays

First post ever on concept art! wooo....

Ok well here's my problem. I know the question about which laptop or desktop etc. is the best for digital art has come up quite a bit so I'll try and brief and to the point about my dilemma.

I'm in the market for a laptop do to digital art with.
    If anyone has any input to help me whatso ever I would greatly appreciate it.
    I feel like I've exhausted my ability to get any further with it.

These factors are currently affecting my decision the most

-My focus is primarily on getting one with best display possible.
    -2500 dollar range
    -no lower than 15 in screen size and preferably 17in. I'm not a wimp and I'll gladly tote around a huge laptop if it does its job.
    -Good color gamut
    -preferably 1920x1080 resolution
    -OS makes no difference to me
    -I'll be using this laptop for art for roughly 2-4 hours at a time so I aim to make serious headway into what ever i'm working on before returing home to my better setup
    -I already have a monster of a pc tower and a fantastic ips monitor so i'm not really replacing anything other than my current crap tastic laptop.

I've spent about 2 weeks now looking into laptops and I can say with out a doubt I'm worn out from it all. The lenovo 700ds and the Modbook pro's lack of existence has really depressed me. Most likely out of sheer lazyness and pressure from my parents who also own macs I'm currently leaning towards getting a macbook pro. I realize its over priced and that I'm being ripped off in some ways but I feel like the price is justified due to their customer service, screen quality, and its overall build.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

P.S.While this post might be beating a dead horse I haven't seen one talk about anything other than opinion when it comes to purchasing computers on here.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awh d00d totes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wasn't really sure of just how much traffic actually existed on here. Seeing as there isn't that much when I get time later I'll just start posting what I know so far about macs and various other computers that are really good options for art. At least then this thread would have actual worth and might help others out.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well honestly, you're better off just sticking with a reasonable tablet PC/or slate to start sketches and stick with the desktop (You already have).

It's just that I wouldn't want to be the artist that has a "ROB ME I HAVE LOTS OF MONEY" carrying around a $2500 dollar laptop. That is unless you're doing demos or something that really does demand that kind of power.

17" laptops are a bit of a beast don't seem to be something you'd WANT to lug around after periods of time despite the portability. Combine that irritation with the tablet if it's not a tablet PC.

If you're willing to shell out that much you may end up liking this http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=230525

Samsung Series 7 Slate.

Keep in mind ALL tablet PCs have only 256 levels of pressure sensitivity, and I don't think Wacom has gone out to improve accuracy or levels that much in the way of a tablet PC.

Members who have read this thread: 2