Results 1 to 1 of 1
November 30th, 2011 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Requesting feedback on 2D/3D Game Art
I am currently in the process of modifying my game art portfolio in hopes of landing a job in my field. After posting some of my older work on Polycount and PennyArcade, the feedback I received was as follows:
- I have a weak overall presentation.
- I have "incredibly weak" texture work
- The way the textures are displayed on my website is "disorienting"
- My portfolio pieces require better global illumination
- I should work from other artists' concepts, not my own
- I need to use references and watch more tutorial videos
So with all of this in mind, I've been working on some new models that are in need of some critiquing. I need to know what appears to work well, what doesn't, which areas I need to improve in, and what I can do to make my work the best that it can be. This first one is not a creature of my own design - it was drawn by a friend who specializes in 2D character art. For the time being I'm going to focus mainly on improving my textures and lighting. I've purchased a subscription to Lynda.com and have been watching/reading a ton of tutorials.
This creature was modeled in Maya and the textures were generated using Zbrush and Photoshop. He's 2914 Tris, and not rigged yet.
There are no members to list at the moment.
By Christian223 in forum Artist LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: January 19th, 2010, 11:44 PM
By maK88 in forum ART DlSCUSSIONReplies: 0Last Post: April 16th, 2009, 02:42 PM
By pol in forum FINISHED ART & ARTWORKReplies: 15Last Post: February 1st, 2004, 10:41 AM
Tags for this Thread