Sketchbook: Debbie's sketchbook...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Debbie's sketchbook...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Debbie's sketchbook...

Hm, hi ._. I'm new here, so I hope I'm doing things right...
    I'm Debbie Garcia, I'm from Brazil (so please forgive my grammar slips). Fifteen years old. I want to be an artist when I get older (do comic books, more specifically) and I hope I learn a lot here (especially anatomy, that is one of my biggest issues). I had to quit an art course I was attending, so I hope I get back to learning here.... I am actually pretty intimidated, haha, because everyone here looks so good ;^;
    So... this is some of my art so far (from the oldest to the newes, I picked the ones I am most "proud" of):

This one is inspired by fashion photographies, especially the lace details. From may.

Deer girl. As you can see, I like deers.

Mori girl, on watercolor. Her hands look so off ._.

I wanted to give some more "realistic" anatomy, but I think that the head ended up looking too small.

Portrait. This is St. Vincent, she is a singer I really enjoy. The halos are a pun to her stage name "St. Vincent" and the blood on her mouth are a reference to her song "Laughing With A Mouth Of Blood."

Another mori girl.
    Ok... Now to the w.i.ps (that is actually one, haha):

I actually really want some help here. My main problem is being the last panel, especially the tub. I can't get her legs right, she is not completely laying there... How can I explain... Her knees are out of the water, but I'm having much problems with the anatomy and the perspective.
    So yeah... So far this is all. I hope to work more on my vacations, and receive good tips and advices here.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some training at pose maniacs. At first it was pretty hard, but I think I'm getting used to it. It's actually really fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finished the w.i.p...

CTRL+C-CTRL+V from my deviantART:

Drawing inspired on a certain song called "Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down" by a certain band called Interpol. One of my favorite of theirs.
    I always imagine the character Stella as someone struggling an enormous depression, helped by the fact that the narrator talks in 3rd person even though he knows her (and appears to be her boyfriend), and isn't really helpful at all.
    I always associate the description of "diving" as entering in a tub, to forget your own problems.
    The song could have done a great single. If I was put to direct a music video of it, I would probably do 6min29secs of drowning yourself and self-harm, though. Because I'm creative like that.

I like the ambient of bathrooms, but they such an annoyance to draw XD
    The tiles took a bit of time, and the perspective looks off.
    Well, all of it looks off. But still, I liked it. I wanna start doing more sequential-ish stuff.

Now let's see if I recovered from the trauma of drawing St. Vincent and let's try to make that Cosmic Love tribute I'm thinking of doing for months already.~

Media:
    0.5 mechanical pencil, 2B pencil, 6B pencil, Adobe Photoshop CS3 (for color adjustment).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice drawings.keep up the good work

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @nor: Thanks a lot! C:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first one blew my mind and the last one creeped me out (in a positive way).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Warforce17 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Warforce17: Haha, thanks.

Practicing hands.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did a study today:

Did a study of a portrait of Paul Banks, vocalist/guitarist of Interpol. Used this picture as a reference.
    I wanted to do a study of him for some months already, and today I finally got a picture how I wanted. I think this looks nice :U

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Texts are CTRL+C-CTRL+V from Tumblr.

This is a gift to Ellie. I don’t know if I should call this a “Christmas” gift, because neither of us two “celebrates” Christmas, but I thought of doing this because Ellie is a really good friend to me, and I really love her and I have no idea of what I should do without her. Besides, she’s always saying of dolling my OCs that I thought this was the minimum I could do ;^;
    So, yeah, Happy Holidays Ellie

Media:
    Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet, Easy PaintTool SAI, Adobe Photoshop CS3.

Paper texture by ~overdosse

Jackie and Eddie (from outsiders).
    Jackie and Eddie character design. Jackie was originally shorter than Eddie, but I thought that it would be interesting making her an “tall skinny awkward girl”. They know each other since they were seven years old, and they are practically their only friends.
    So yeah, some information about the girls:
    Jacqueline “Jackie” Santos de Oliveira:
    - Birthday: March 20.
    - Height: 1,78 m (5’10”).
    - Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs).
    - Sex: Female.
    - Ethnicity: Caucasian.
    - Hair: Brown.
    - Eyes: Hazel.
    - Important appearance traits: a mole under her right eye.
    - Personality: depressive, doesn’t smile a lot, a bit clumsy, naive, shy, nerd, ranges between not trusting anyone, but trusting deeply those who are close to her, appreciates the art of irony. She plans to be a writer. Falls in love easily with musicians. Cares a lot about what others think of her, even though she denies it.
    - Hobbies: The Internet, fangirling and fagirling on the Internet. That’s all.
    - Favorite genre of music: Indie rock.
    - Favorite band: This Must be Illegal! (this band doesn’t exist, btw, I created purely for story purposes lol).
    - Clothing style: Usually combinations of indie rock band tee-shirt + skinny jeans (or a short + a tight) + converse.

Maria Eduarda “Eddie” Baltazar Dias.
    - Birthday: June 10.
    - Height: 1,65 m (5’5”).
    - Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs).
    - Sex: Female.
    - Ethnicity: Mixed.
    - Hair: Brown, with blond lights.
    - Eyes: Brown.
    - Important appearance traits: her “hipster” glasses, her ear extend and the fake piercing on her mouth.
    - Personality: cheerful, tomboyish, very loyal, talkative, nerd, very protective of those who she loves. More sociable than Jackie, but on the right places (reads: “everywhere except school”). She’s can be a bit snarky, though, and stubborn.
    - Hobbies: Playing her acoustic guitar or her bass. Oh, and the Internet, of course.
    - Favorite genre of music: Rock (any kind).
    - Favorite band: Many bands, MANY bands…
    - Clothing style: Combinations of flannel + tee shirt + jeans + converse.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.