Sketchbook: Art Grinding to LVL Up!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Art Grinding to LVL Up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello! Making a fresh start with a fresh SB!

This time actually using the attachment system all the way.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Eyecager; December 3rd, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eyecager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh wait let me organize this better haha.

Last edited by Eyecager; November 28th, 2011 at 02:29 AM.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eyecager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey hi. You've got interestings anatomical block-ins, I love the spread hands on the left, they're driven by very dynamic curves. I'm looking forward to see the continuation of this last pic, also ; the only thing that bothers me a bit about it is the woman's right arm ; although it's evidently still in a very sketchy state, I'd prefer to point out that it seems weird - specifically, the elbow seems strangely oriented and the arm (not the forearm) looks too short. That said, given the obvious anatomical mastery you're showing, you have to be aware of these little things.
    The overall work on the light & shade is really nice.
    You know, I just began painting in b&w myself, and I really wonder how people get to achieve this kind of precision in their strokes. I guess practice will give me some answers over time. Let's see.

And that smokin' skull is overly cool. Keep it up !

Daily sketch !
    Old sketchbook, with apes and ghost towns.
    Portfolio
    ---
    " Quand un mec raconte une histoire tout en urinant, on appelle ça un récipissé. "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, nice studies! subscribed to see your progress from now on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you've inspired me to get back to the basics.. simple 3D shapes, lighting, perspective. It's nice to see someone that's clearly already somewhat skilled being motivated to continue to work on those fundamental concepts. For that, I applaud you.
    The study of the underwater girl with the tea cup is great, and I see little to no flaws in any of your anatomy studies. An interesting start to a sketchbook, best of luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WuHoly crap dude your studies look perfect! Awesome lines and sense of humor, thanks so much for the comment! I'm totally subscribing. Please put a link to your SB in your signature, I almost missed visiting and that would have been tragic
    Cool illustration, The big angler fish looks awesome and creepy. Not really liking the light grey fish at the top of the image, they seem kinda distracting. I guess it works if you look at the image as having a top and bottom part though. Can't wait to see where it goes!

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome stuff! Even in your studies there is a certain flow to recognize.
    Keep it up!

my dA

my Sketchbook

“Art is never finished, only abandoned.”

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Solid baseknowledge.

now i wanna see more pics than studies

The borders of your imagination are the borders of your world.

My Sketchbook

My Deviant Art feel free to contact me.

http://www.ctrlpaint.com/ so worth watching (free tutorials), even the basics are covered!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mawh- Thanks a bunch! And I'll tell my buddy, the fish girl pic I'm actually collabing with a dear friend of mine Chimmy and it's his turn to do whatever he wishes to it. Yeah haha I do that thing sometimes where I obsess over little details rather then the underlying base of the images anatomy, form, lighting is what matters more. I'm trying to get down with foundations to get me out of that bad habit, because I can be kind of a render demon.

Griffinfly- I-i-i....Hello!! Ahhh thank you so much you are too too kind I hope I do not disapoint!

isokahru- Thank you so much! Foundations are the most important, they are your base stats when going into battle. And painting successful 3d shapes can be very challenging since you can see flaws more clearly which in turn help spot obvious mistakes to try and thwart.

Vertical- Hahah thanks! Drawing is very fun so I try to imbue the fun I have doing it into my studies. Oh! Okay thanks for the signature pro-tip will do that right away.

Oh thanks I'll mention that to my collab buddy! He has a way of making my eh' compositions into something wayyy better.

AdrianNagorski- Thanks so much! I used to be very messy sketcher and trying to fix that when I study.

evil_monkey- Thank you! I was taught the reilly method at Watts Atelier and it kind of spreads to all my work.

Eludor- Thanks so much, I am a concept artist for Escalation and a clean up animator for Skullgirls so when I'm done with work I kind of just want to unwind with studying to make my work faster and better for my employers. But I'll try to post some concept work soon! I have a few fun freelance projects on my plate that I'm pretty excited for. Though I hope sometime next year I will begin drawing for myself again.

But I will post some of the stuff I did in the last year so this SB will have something to compare off of in the future. Some concepts from a CGMW class and a monster from last year before I went to Watts Atelier.

These charcoal studies are mostly 5 minute quick sketches and some being 2-3 minute quicksketches. The portraits are usually 20 minute lay-ins but I concentrated mostly on learning the Reilly method rather then shadow mapping with my 6 months there but I'm slowly trying to learn shadow mapping on my own now.

Also I just got my package from my friend who picked me up supplies I needed so I can do Scott Robertson's rendering matte videos traditionally! I am very excited and hopefully will have a better camera by then to take pictures of my progress. And I luckily found the Dr. Sketchy's that goes on here, tomorrow there is a life drawing session so I will hopefully have some new fresh stuff up next update!

Last edited by Eyecager; December 3rd, 2011 at 03:21 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eyecager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your sketchbook a lot of great studies and designs!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh wow, I'm loving your figure breakdowns. I kind of want to do studies of your studies. D:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyecager View Post
    Your work is looking more and more slick every update!
    Thank you! but not really I'm not improving neither fast nor efficiently as I'd like to but anyway...Your stuff is looking sick..seriously they show a mastery of form and rendering that I find very admirable. I don't really have anything to add you seem to know what you're doing. When I write a comment I always try to avoid merely doing some ass-kissing, however, It would have been pretentious and not fair in this case. Do you have a blog or something where you share a bit more about your studies and the thinking process behind them? Hope to hear more from you!

Edit: I'd recommend placing a link to your sketchbook in your signature so that way other people and even you too could access much more easily to your SB. Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Your lines are so clean and accurate!
    How do you manage to do that? Simply amazing,
    and your digital paintings all so imaginative and great.
    How many years of practice do you have behind?
    Simply unbelievable, I am amazed.
    I will definitely stick around, hope
    you will update regularly.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo! Glad to see you starting a new SB, i was a good fan of your old one~ Solid work as usual, its awesome to see you serious about all of your artistic studies, they're paying off fast! Solid figures and good construction of forms, your ideas and concepts are sweet too!

Can't wait to see some newer stuff, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, you have here brilliant stuff so far! I'm subscribing to you without hesitation

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome! Could you tell me from what reference these nose and head studies are taken from?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *Rena*- Thanks a bunch Rena! I hope to be posting a lot during my Christmas Break. Got the materials I needed to do Scott Roberston's DVD's traditionally- Thanks andres333 for inspiring me!

Revidescent- Thanks so much hope to get to do more in the future, been kind of busy juggling doctors and launching a game title next week so it's been kind of low. If your ever curious about a specific study I did I would be more then happy to give the resources out. My tumblr is kind of a sketch/tutorial dump so you can probably find some of them there.

andres333- Your too sweet really! I used to update my blog more but it's been awhile and I don't really but thoughts or thesis's up. But if your really interested I'll start posting them along with my work, right now I'm messing around with occlusion shadows and mixing it with calligraphy you would see in Zhang Lu's, Henry Yan's, Zhaoming Wu and Yimakun's work. Sometime in the future after my Scott Robertson gnomon studies I want to try my hand at some of Carol Marines work, I love her still life work.

And thanks! Took your word of advice.♥

AustenFM- There is just something really relaxing to them honestly, there is no insane pressure to do your best because once your work is printed it will be judged as the best you can do. But to try and learn and have incrimental victories kind of like how videogame grinding works in a way.

Namae- Thanks a bunch! Hope not to disappoint

LastGen- The nose studies are taken from a Gottfried Bammes book, and some head studies are taken from that and the The Famous Artist Course.

Also I found recently a gif someone made of a super I cleaned up from Skullgirls! I did the first part where she jumps in the air and launches a dozen spikes from her body. I've done a bunch of animations for the game, if you watch some of the recent vids and see the Dock stage I cleaned up all those guys, designed the hammerhead dude and designed color palettes to all of them except two which already had colors for them.

A tutorial I did for Wingal.

Last edited by Eyecager; December 18th, 2011 at 07:56 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eyecager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely and solid study.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, you're working on skull girls? How is it? I am eagerly awaiting its release. Your analysis of form is really impressive and I love that tutorial of the cow head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cerealist- Thanks! I hope to get more solid studies in over my winter break.

KT- It's a really solid fighter and the fighting game community is really behind it. Alex is a huge sweetheart and it's really nice to see a project he has been passionate about in all the years I've known him to come to fruition like this. It proves hard work and passion will get you places if you keep at it. Thanks I hope to tighten it up more with heavy perspective, form and lighting studies in the next few months.

Some perspective studies before going to rendering surfaces with Scott Robertson DVD and doing assignments for my Advanced Lighting with Sam Nielson course. So drawing form---> how to paint basic form and lighting ----> advanced lighting.

Last edited by Eyecager; December 29th, 2011 at 12:51 AM.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eyecager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I LOVE this stuff. I am really into the basics and seeing you executing them and applying them so well really inspires me. I'll be watching you from now on!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for providing the break down of the bovine. Great resource for structural drawing as well it's imaginative applications.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These studies are amazing! The cleanliness and smoothness of your line work is truly enviable! If you don't mind me asking, what resources are you using for your anatomical studies? Thanks! I'll be following your success, buddy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sketchbook is super fascinating! Your lines are so clean and your volume is spot on! Your foundation work looks like fun, now I can look at it from a whole new perspective!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice tutorial .. i like this.. but still i have to learn more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, beautiful work!

Thank you for sharing your studies, i'm learning a lot simply going over them

Can't wait to see your next post!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your sketchbook is both informational and beautiful.

More, more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for posting all this helpful info!

I am looking very much forward to see how you use all this info in your art

EDIT: Forgot to subscribe :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jarrad- I love doing the foundations, it can be relaxing and sometimes really challenging.

BlueHabit- Thanks! I hope it helps folks struggling with breaking things down into symbols.

m0on- I use random pictures I find off DA, Pixelovely, Lovecastle and several pose file books I've bought for my anatomy studies. For my more heavier stuff usually Gottfried, Bammes, Hogarth, Bridgeman, and random things I pick up from American Artist magazine or DVD's I get mailed to me by my artist friends to check out.

LA- Fairy- Thanks! My lines used to be terrible when I first started drawing so it was something I set out to fix, especially being in the concepting field the cleaner your work is the better it is for the modelers.

Yeah haha I figure if I draw it I can scribble all over it however I want when I'm done learning from it. Sometimes it's just a fun way to release the frustration from trying to learn something by making fun with your own work.

wicaxonart- Thanks! Hahaha I feel you on that.

MBK- Thanks! I'm glad people can get something from them.

Kuddlekins- Thanks so much! I hope to be doing some hardcore form studies once I get these few jobs done.

Trixtar- No problem! It helps writing things down for me, I figured it's why they made you do it in school. Writing things down helps commit them to memory better it seems or at least in my case.

Some quick doodles before I get to some freelance work

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Eyecager For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 62