Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: yum

Thanks
    So I sold my PS3 because I realized it was not helping me in art at all. There were so many times where I could have used it for studying art but instead I got suckered into playing BF3. So its gone now and now I'm saving for a cintiq or tablet
    The one character I drew was a valentines gift(romantic huh?) She liked it so no problem on my part But yeah, thinking about design and listening to Kemp Remillard's interview. I gotta be more careful about my design. Why did I design the character like that, how will they move around it that costume, culture and of course reference.
    @ ErikR The feet are probably to short. were the first time I drew just feet from imagination. Thanks for the notice!
    @ Falchion Noted that for my next character drawing, thanks for the input!
    @Jephyr X Thank you sir, I feel motivated now !
    yum
    Last edited by rinnikirun; May 10th, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Yum!

me
    blog
    josh

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey bro!
    Uhhh the Nazi is sweet really cool direction, but uhm the traps on some of your muscle guys...watch those. Sorry this is shitty, a shitty crit, but it's like fucking 3 o'clock. I know we're in the same timezone too...so it's three where you are to. But uhm, we'll talk more later...I explain it better.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychobuddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    really digging this *__* http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...1&d=1329535367
    where do you draw all these torsos from xD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Awesome studies. Keep on keepin' on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlightedArt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thank you for stopping at my sketchbook ^^
    ummh yeah i think you got a little problem with measurements and masses, especially the torsos look a little bit shapeless/flat, maybe try to get a standard measure like an imrovised head (draw an oval or something comparable) and make some posemaniac training (it gives a good feeling for perspective and possible gestures) and maybe try to draw with blockforms for a better three-dimensionality
    visit my Sketchbook!
    Sketchbook

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Neyut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    great bashing of the anatomy studies!
    To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
    My Sketchbook-
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=190017

SKYPE-
    nyealexandafrayne

Website-
    http://nyealexandafrayne.tumblr.com/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NyeAlexandaFrayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    those last studies are kicking ass! nice decision selling your ps3, it will definitely see the difference (happened the same with my xbox 360, and pc, got rid of all my games to get the job done) How are the painting classes going?? keep posting man

14. The Following User Says Thank You to -D_art- For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey guys thanks for the feedback,

@ D_art Selling my PS3 was really worth it! Painting class are going quite fine actually. We are doing Chalk pastel right now, but we are gonna head into oils soon
    Last edited by rinnikirun; March 22nd, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
    Yum!

me
    blog
    josh

Thanks
    Hey Ven, you've improved a lot! Anyhow, just my crits.

1.) A few things I still see are proportion problems. Skull too long, head too small, feet too short.
    2.) For some odd reason, your pects/deltoids are really flat or warped in perspective. There's really no form or odd form around them.
    3.) This one is a bit on design. I feel as if your designs are too busy. You have too much details everywhere. Try to limit your details to important areas when you design mechs/chars/etc. As a viewer, my eyes go everywhere trying to figure out what's going on. Remember that resting spots are important as well. This applies more to your older designs and a little to your designs today.
    4.) Also a bit older, but be careful of your details destroying your forms. On some of your boxer studies, I feel like your details rests within your shapes/forms well, while others are dictated by your details, with muscles bulging a bit too far out and destroying the overall shape/form.
    5.) Not exactly a crit, but rather as a reminder, really. Since you've gotten into shading, just remember about your edges and that your value/where light shines/blending is determined by the edges, or how quickly the form turns. So hard edges, fast turns/transitions where bones are near the surface.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...rrectionsl.jpg

Also, recently logged into Skype and realized my last messages didn't send. So posting here just in case, but I feel like you've got most of the perspective down already. Anyhow, keep going and good luck!

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nesGesture.jpg

Here's a better image/drawings to show what I was talking about.
    - 1 was just me drawing lines to illustrate the plane of the face, whichever way it turns or curves. It's a good exercise to do, taking notes on what turns where, etc etc.
    - 2 is related to armor design and how it usually follows the form. A mask wouldn't just be the first example, but tailored to the face. Same was an armor is tailored to the body. It'll follow the form and planes of it.
    - 3 is showing how drawing armor on bodies is the same as drawing clamps/brace on boxes. There's really no difference. It follows the form.
    - 4 is the gesture. You see this in Kevin's notes a lot, so probably a repeat. Straight vs Curvey. Curves add a lot of life to your gestures mostly, but the problem is that the body isn't like that, and you end up breaking a lot of "promises" that the gesture has when you actually construct or draw it out. Just to show how you draw something can make a huge difference. Exciting poses can be boring to look at/Boring poses full of life/etcetc. There's actually more to it as well, obviously, character/how person act/weight/balance contribute quite a bit. But for stiff figures, this is usually the issue. You don't have to go overboard, it's usually pretty subtle, but it really helps.

Masquerade - Following forms of face. Same concept as armor.
    http://www.xtremeathletix.com/wp-con...asquerade.jpeg
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs21/f/20...y_darkgoth.jpg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to EvilBunny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey buddy,

Perspective studies are looking great! Warms my heart to see some stuff I recognize from Norling. It speaks very well of you that you're going through the motions of drawing everything in perspective. Your work is starting to have a very, very solid look to it. Also, your line work is looking excellent.

As some people have said, you seem to be having some trouble with foreshortened forms. This isn't a bad thing, everybody goes through this. It's hard. This is mostly evident in your skulls and feet. What I think you should try doing is going ahead and drawing these solely from observation instead of going through the motions and building on all these construction lines, and looking for the vanishing points. Just draw a skull as it looks on the paper while keeping perspective in mind, but not worrying about necessarily figuring out the vanishing points yet.

Your technique right now is very technically based, which is good, but you should free yourself up to break that technical stuff up with some more loose, observational stuff. You'll develop a lot of speed this way, and you'll also be less intimidated by the subjects you're tackling. Also, have you taken my advice on tracing paper? If you do a couple of tracings of a subject before you draw it freehand, you'll see things you didn't see before. This actually helped me a lot when I was learning to draw feet!

As always, feel free to PM me on facebook, or just ask me questions here.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to blindshot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey, nice study pages. Good progress overall, and when I see a person work this hard, it's hard to crit much, since you're going to cover most of it soon anyway.

Just one small thing. On this one, just remember that the fingers on your feet end in an arc, and not at the same level.

Other than that, just keep drawing, and updating this sketchbook.
    Sketchbooks

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Vritra For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey guys, thanks for the feed back. Read every single critique ACT's are next week so its time to burn the studies! Gonna drop off a drawing I did for art class.We had to take a animal/creatures portrait and "wrap it" I did alex pascenko's alien character.
    In the end I still have mix feelings about this!
    Yum!

me
    blog
    josh

Thanks
    nice stuff and yes great evolution

24. The Following User Says Thank You to towy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Gratz on selling the PS3. Keep up the good work!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Eh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Bet you don't miss the PS3! Didn't know you had improved that much in the last year. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the next year!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to blindshot For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.